How to hide formulas not displayed in the formula bar in Excel?
Formulas are useful for you in your worksheet, and normally, they are displayed in the Formula bar. But sometimes, there are some important formulas that you don’t want others to view, in this case, you can hide your formulas and protect the worksheet. To do this, please follow the below tutorials.
1. Select the range that you want to hide the formulas.
2. Then right click and choose Format Cells from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Format Cells dialog box, click Protection tab, and check Hidden option, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK, and go to Review tab in the ribbon, click Protect Sheet, see screenshot:
5. In the Protect Sheet dialog, enter your password and confirm it again in the pop-upped Confirm Password dialog as following screenshots shown:
6. Click OK to close the dialogs, and all the formulas in your selection haven’t been displayed in the formula bar. See screenshots:
Note: With the above steps, neither the formulas nor the values in your selected range are shown in the formula bar.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!