How to highlight rows with weekend days in Excel?
Today, I will talk about how to highlight weekend’s rows in Excel by using this Conditional Formatting and a handy tool.
You can highlight the rows based on weekend days with the Conditional Formatting as following steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to highlight the weekend rows.
2. Go to Home tab and click Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option, and enter this formula =WEEKDAY($C2,2)>5, (C2 is the started date cell in your data range)see screenshot:
4. Then click Format button to open the Format Cells dialog, in the opened dialog box, click Fill tab and choose one color you like to format.
5. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the rows which the date is Sundays or Saturdays have been highlighted. See screenshot:
1. If you want to highlight the workdays from Monday to Friday, you can apply this formula =WEEKDAY($C2,2)<6 in step 3. (C2 is the started date cell in your data range)
2. In this data range, the formatting will be changed automatically as you modify or add date records.
If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you also can apply its Super Filter utility to quickly filter out the weekend days and then shade the relative rows with the color you want.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Click Kutools Plus > Super Filter to display the Super Filter pane. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Super Filter pane, select the range you want to use, you can check Specified checkbox to fix the range, then specify the criteria as you need, in here case, select Week and Does Not Equal to Weekday to filter weekends. See screenshot:
3. Then click Filter, and only weekend days are displayed. See screenshot:
5. Select the rows of weekend days, and click Home > Fill color to select a color to highlight the rows. See screenshot:
6. Click Clear in the Super Filter pane to expand the range. See screenshot:
Tip: You also can filter days by specific weekday.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!