To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHello, if your autocorrect option is gray, maybe you have a mixed Microsoft Office version installed, you only need to copy the WINWORD.exe file from Office12 (or other number)folder to Office14 folder, and restart Word. Hope it helps.
How to prevent/disable automatic hyperlinks in Excel?
As we all known, Excel create clickable hyperlinks automatically when we input the web addresses into cells. Maybe, sometimes, this is somewhat annoying. Today, I will introduce some quick tricks for you to prevent automatic hyperlinks in Excel.
The build-in Autocorrect Options in Excel can help you to disable the automatic hyperlinks when you enter the web address. Do as this:
1. In Excel 2010/2013, click File > Options and in Excel 2007, click Office button > Excel Options to open the Excel Options dialog.
2. In the Excel Options dialog box, click Proofing from the left pane, and click AutoCorrect Options in the right section. See screenshot:
3. And then in the AutoCorrect dialog, click AutoFormat As You Type tab, and uncheck Internet and network paths with hyperlinks option under Replace as you type section, see screenshot:
4. After finishing the settings, click OK > OK to close the dialogs.
5. And now when you enter your web address into a cell, the internet address will not become clickable hyperlink. See screenshot:
Note: After disabling this feature, all the web addresses in the worksheet will not be converted to the clickable hyperlinks any more.
But sometimes, you need to leave the hyperlink feature on and just need to prevent some specific hyperlinks, you can use the following shortcut keys to undo the hyperlink immediately after it's created.
1. Type your web address and press Enter key.
2. Then press Ctrl+Z immediately. And the clickable hyperlink has been converted to the plain text.
In sometimes, you have a list of texts which want to convert to linkable hyperlinks, in Excel, there is no quick way can help you, however, with Kutools for Excel’s Convert Hyperlinks utility to quickly convert plain texts to linkable hyperlinks.
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select texts that you want to convert to clickable hyperlinks, and click Kutools > Link > Convert Hyperlinks. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, check Cell contents replace hyperlinks addresses option, and then check Convert source range checkbox. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok. Now the plain texts are converted to linkable hyperlinks.
Tip: If you want to keep the plain texts after conversion, you can uncheck Convert source range in the Convert Hyperlink dialog, and select a cell to put out the converted results.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoMy AutoCorrect Options in Excel 2010 is grayed out and not clickable, smh...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agothank you, I just intall win10 and need to change re-setup excel
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 years agoDoes changing this setting apply only to your session or is the option change saved to the spreadsheet itself. For example, I have a very large sheet used by multiple people, and we have data in it that Excel always wants to auto-convert to a hyperlink (not wanted). So if I change this option, am I doing it only for my self, or will this change apply to anyone (preferred option) that tries to edit this same spreadsheet?