How to quickly delete all named ranges in Excel?
Assuming you have created lots of named ranges in your workbook, but now, you needn’t theses named ranges any more, how could you remove all of the named ranges at once in Excel?
Delete all named ranges by going to the Name Manager
In the Name Manager dialog box, you can create, edit and delete the named ranges as you want. Please do as this:
1. Go to the Name Manager by clicking Formula > Name Manager, see screenshot:
2. In the Name Manager dialog, press Shift key to select all the named ranges or hold the Ctrl key to select the ones that you don't need, see screenshot:
3. And then click Delete button at the top of the dialog, and a prompt box will appear to remind you if you are sure to delete the names.
4. Then click OK, all the named ranges have been deleted at once.
Find and replace all named ranges with corresponding cell references in formulas
Kutools for Excel’s Replace Range Names utility is able to find out all formulas applying named ranges in a selected range, a specified sheet, or all sheets easily. And this utility’s primary role is to replace all named ranges with corresponding cell references in these formulas.
Full Feature Free Trial
Kutools for Excel - Includes more than
300 handy tools for Excel. Full feature free trial
30-day, no credit card required! Get It Now
Delete all named ranges with VBA code
The following short VBA code also can help you to remove all the named ranges in the workbook.
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Delete all named ranges in Excel
Dim xName As Name
For Each xName In Application.ActiveWorkbook.Names
3. Then press F5 key to run this code, all names in the workbook will be removed immediately.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!