How to list named ranges in Excel?
Naming cell ranges is very useful for formulas, which can help us understand formulas easily. Sometimes there are too many named ranges in workbooks, and we might not remember the exact names. Here provides several methods to view the defined name list in Microsoft Excel.
- List named ranges in Name Manager dialog box
- List named ranges in Use in Formula drop down menu
- List named ranges in Name box
- List named ranges in Go To dialog box
- List named ranges in Navigation Pane
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Usually we can edit defined names with Name Manager command. Of course we can view all defined names within the Named Manager dialog box. After clicking the Name Manger button under Formulas tab, it displays the Name Manger dialog box. And it lists all named ranges within it. See screenshot:
Apart from Name Manager, you can also view all defined named with Use in Formula command under Formula tab.
Just clicking the Use in Formula button, it lists all named ranges. See screenshot:
At the end of Use in Formula's drop down list, it's Paste Names command item. This item opens the Paste Name dialog box, which lists all named ranges too. After clicking the Paste List button, it will paste the list of named ranges with their cell references to the active cells.
Note: the Paste Name dialog box can be opened by pressing F3 key, too.
We can also view the defined names from Name Box in the formula bar. Just click the arrow button in the Name box, it will list all defined named in a drop down menu. See screenshot:
Not only the Name Manger command and Use in Formula command, the Go To command also lists all defined names. See screenshot
You can open the Go To dialog box with clicking the Home > > Find >> Go To; or with holding the Ctrl and G keys together.
The Kutools for Excel is a Microsoft Excel add-in that brings more than 80 handy Excel tools, and it can help us work in Microsoft Excel easier and more comfortably.
The Kutools for Excel can insert Navigation Pane at left side of worksheets similar as that in Microsoft Word. Under the Names tab, it lists all defined names by alphabetical.
Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Navigation. See screenshot:
Clicking the names in the Navigation pane, it will locate the corresponding named ranges in current workbook. Not only lists all defined names, the Navigation Pane also lists all worksheets, all opening workbooks within it. It will navigate us through the current working workbooks by names and worksheets, and help us switch between opening workbooks quickly. Know more about Navigation pane.