How to change save as default location in Excel?
When you finish a workbook and save it, Excel will automatically save the file to My Documents folder. But, sometimes, you need to save the workbook to another folder which you always use. In this case, you need to find the location that you need in the Save As dialog box. And this may be annoying for you to locate the folder each time. How could you change the default location to another location you use in Excel?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To change the default file location to another folder on your computer, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options, and an Excel Options dialog box will display.
2. In the Excel Options dialog, click Save in the left pane, and then you can replace the Default file location with your desired folder in the text box. See screenshot:
3. After entering the new save location, then click OK. Next time when you save a new workbook file, it will be saved to the default file location you specified.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agono longer valid- default location is onedrive and changes as described here doesn't change from onedrive to regular documents
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agogreat guide but it doesn't cover situation when your file opened from system temp folder - it causes excel to offer this temp folder location on "save as..."
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI couldnt find much help online and I ran out of time searching.
So here is a workaround, in the Save As dialog window you can find the folder browsing pane on the left. Right click on the Favorite folder (Dont left click first) and choose the option "Add current locations to Favorites". Doing so will add a shortcut of the location you are in. So first browse to the location and then try the steps above.
Hope this helps