How to change save as default location in Excel?
When you finish a workbook and save it, Excel will automatically save the file to My Documents folder. But, sometimes, you need to save the workbook to another folder which you always use. In this case, you need to find the location that you need in the Save As dialog box. And this may be annoying for you to locate the folder each time. How could you change the default location to another location you use in Excel?
To change the default file location to another folder on your computer, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options, and an Excel Options dialog box will display.
2. In the Excel Options dialog, click Save in the left pane, and then you can replace the Default file location with your desired folder in the text box. See screenshot:
3. After entering the new save location, then click OK. Next time when you save a new workbook file, it will be saved to the default file location you specified.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!