How to extract time or hour only from datetime in Excel?
Have you ever been confused in how to extract time only from a list of datetime in Excel as shown as below? But if you read this tutorial carefully, you will never be confused about it.
To extract time only from datetime with formula, you just need to do as follow:
1. Select a blank cell, and type this formula =TIME(HOUR(A1),MINUTE(A1), SECOND(A1)) (A1 is the first cell of the list you want to extract time from), press Enter button and drag the fill handle to fill range. Then only time text has been eatraced from the list.
2. And then format the cells to the time formatting you want by right clicking > Format Cells to open Fomat Cells dialog, and select the time formatting. See screenshot:
3. Click OK, and the time formatting has finished.
Quickly split data into multiple worksheets based on column or fixed rows in Excel
|Supposing you have a worksheet that has data in columns A to G, the salesman’s name is in column A and you need to automatically split this data into multiple worksheets based on the column A in the same workbook and each salesman will be splitted into a new worksheet. Kutools for Excel’s Split Date utility can help you to quickly split data into multiple worksheets based on selected column as below screenshot shown in Excel. Click for full-featured 30 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
If you just want to only hours or minutes or seconds, you can use the below formulas.
Extract hours only
Select a blank cell and type this formula =HOUR(A1) (A1 is the first cell of the list you want to extract time), press Enter button and drag the fill handle to fill range. Then only time text has been eatraced from the list.
Extract minutes only
Type this formula =MINUTE(A1).
Extract seconds only
Type this formula =SECOND(A1).
Tip: Extract hours or minutes or seconds only do not need format cells as time formatting, just leave them as general.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use its Split Cells to split datetime formatting cells into two separate columns, one contains date, the other one is time only quickly and easily.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Select the data cells you use, and click Kutools > Merge & Split > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. Then in the popping dialog, check Split to Columns and Space options. See screenshot:
3. Then click Ok and to select a cell to put the result and click OK. see screenshots:
Now only cells have been split into date and time separately. You can remove the date cells if you just want to keep time only.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
- Last updated on .