How to extract bold text only from a list in Excel?
In a long list of data in Excel, some of the important data is formatted as bold, and you just want to extract these bold texts only into another range, you can follow the simple methods below to get it done.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Find and Replace function can help you find the bold text firstly, and then you can copy them to the new range you want.
1. Press Ctrl + F to open the Find and Replace dialog, and click Options to expand the dialog, then click Format. See screenshot:
2. In the Find Format dialog, click Font tab, and select Bold in the Font style: box, and click OK. See screenshot:
3. Back to the Find and Replace dialog, click Find All. See screenshot:
4. Press Ctrl + A to select all of searching results in the Find and Replace dialog, and then click the Close button to exit it. Now all cells formatted as bold are selected, and you can copy them to the range you want.
There is a Defined Function that can extract bold text.
1. Select a cell of the column you want to select and press Alt + F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the pop-up window, click Insert > Module, then paste the following VBA code into the module.
VBA: Extract bold text only
Function GetBold(pWorkRng As Range) 'Updateby20140514 If pWorkRng.Font.Bold Then GetBold = pWorkRng.Value Else GetBold = "" End If End Function
3. Save the code and close the window, select a blank cell and type this formula = GetBold(A2), then press Enter button, and drag the fill handle to fill the range you want. After that, you can see only bold texts are extracted.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Cells with Format feature also can do a favor for you to extract bold text only from a list.
1. Select the list range you want to extract bold text only, and click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Cells with Format. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Cells with Format dialog, click Choose Format From Cell, then select a bold text cell from the list, click OK to close the small dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click the Smartselect button, and then click OK, and then a dialog pops up to remind you if select the cells. See screenshots:
4. Click Yes to close the dialogs. Now the bold cells are selected, you can copy them to the range you like. See screenshot:
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 days agoNeed a code to select only unbold data. I have bold and unbold data in Column A, i want to select the unbold data only.