How to extract bold text only from a list in Excel?
In a long list of data in Excel, some of the important data is formatted as bold, and you just want to extract these bold texts only into another range, you can follow the simple methods below to get it done.
Find and Replace function can help you find the bold text firstly, and then you can copy them to the new range you want.
1. Press Ctrl + F to open the Find and Replace dialog, and click Options to expand the dialog, then click Format. See screenshot:
2. In the Find Format dialog, click Font tab, and select Bold in the Font style: box, and click OK. See screenshot:
3. Back to the Find and Replace dialog, click Find All. See screenshot:
4. Press Ctrl + A to select all of searching results in the Find and Replace dialog, and then click the Close button to exit it. Now all cells formatted as bold are selected, and you can copy them to the range you want.
There is a Defined Function that can extract bold text.
1. Select a cell of the column you want to select and press Alt + F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. In the pop-up window, click Insert > Module, then paste the following VBA code into the module.
VBA: Extract bold text only
Function GetBold(pWorkRng As Range) 'Updateby20140514 If pWorkRng.Font.Bold Then GetBold = pWorkRng.Value Else GetBold = "" End If End Function
3. Save the code and close the window, select a blank cell and type this formula = GetBold(A2), then press Enter button, and drag the fill handle to fill the range you want. After that, you can see only bold texts are extracted.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, its Select Cells with Format feature also can do a favor for you to extract bold text only from a list.
1. Select the list range you want to extract bold text only, and click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Cells with Format. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Cells with Format dialog, click Choose Format From Cell, then select a bold text cell from the list, click OK to close the small dialog. See screenshot:
3. Click the Smartselect button, and then click OK, and then a dialog pops up to remind you if select the cells. See screenshots:
4. Click Yes to close the dialogs. Now the bold cells are selected, you can copy them to the range you like. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!