To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoSorry I am not sure I got your question. Would be nice if you could provide screenshot of what you are trying to do.
How to highlight cells between two dates in Excel?
If you have a list of dates in your worksheet, and now, you want to highlight the cells or rows which are in between two defined dates, the Conditional Formatting of Excel can do you a favor. This article will talk about how to apply the Conditional Formatting to highlight the cells or rows between two dates.
To highlight the date cells between two given date, please do as following steps:
1. Select your data range that you want to highlight the specific date cell.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Between.
3. In the Between dialog, enter the start date and end date, select one color to highlight the cells, and then click OK.
Then the date cells which between the two given dates are highlighted at once.
If you want to highlight the entire row or the row of selection to make the row more striking, you need to apply a formula with the Conditional Formatting.
1. You need to type your start and end date which you want to highlight the rows between them in the worksheet. In this case, I enter the start date and end date into D2 and E2 separately.
2. Select the data range that you want to use (if your data has headers, please ignore them). And then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, please configure as follows.
- 3.1) Click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option,
- 3.2) Enter this formula =AND($B2>=$D$2,$B2<=$E$2) into the Format values where this formula is true text box, (in the formula, B2 stands for the first date cell in your data range, D2 contains the start date and E2 contains the end date you have typed in step 1 )
- 3.3) Click the Format button to choose one color to highlight the rows;
- 3.4) Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the rows which between the two specific dates have been highlighted as the below screenshot shown.
Note: This Conditional Formatting is a dynamic tool, the result will be changed as the date changes.
With the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly select all cells between two dates, and then specify a background color to highlight them. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with the dates you want to highlight, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, please configure as follows:
- (1). Select Cell in the Selection type section (if you want to highlight the entire row, please select the Entire row option);
- (2). In the Specific type section, select Greater than from the first drop-down list, enter the start date into the following text box. Select Less than from the second drop-down box, enter the end date into the text box;
- (3). Click the OK button.
- (4). Then a dialog pops up to tell you how many cells were found and selected, click OK. See screenshot:
3. Dates between the given two dates have been selected in your selected range. Please specify a background color under Home tab to highlight them.
- How to highlight the date of current day / week / month in Excel?
- How to highlight rows with weekend days in Excel?
- How to make birthday reminder in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHi I was hoping you could help me. I am trying to create an excel spreadsheet which will allow me to track how many sinks I have available for hire. For example I have 30 sinks in total and they are hired our to many various companies at different delivery dates and return dates. I wanted to be able to enter a formula that would used the two dates to then show if a sink is available for hire
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoHi there, thanks for your efforts.
I have a simple sheet to track employees' leaves. I would like make sure that new leaves does not fall between other 2 dates for the same employee. For example, employee code # 2230 has a leave from 16 July 2017 to 20 July 2017, so if he applies for another 1 day leave on 18 July 2017 I want that date to get highlighted.
Can you please help me with that?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoDear Ahmed,
Would you please provide an example screenshot of your worksheet? We need more information for dealing with the problem.
Best Regards, Crystal