- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoSorry I am not sure I got your question. Would be nice if you could provide screenshot of what you are trying to do.
How to highlight cells between two dates in Excel?
If you have a list of dates in your worksheet, and now, you want to highlight the cells or rows which are in between two defined dates, the Conditional Formatting of Excel can do you a favor. This article will talk about how to apply the Conditional Formatting to highlight the cells or rows between two dates.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
To highlight the date cells between two given date, please do as following steps:
1. Select your data range that you want to highlight the specific date cell.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Between, see screenshot:
3. In the Between dialog, enter the start date and end date, and select one color to highlight the cells, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, the date cells which between the two dates that you have specified are highlighted at once. See screenshot:
If you want to highlight the entire row or the row of selection to make the row more striking, you need to apply a formula with the Conditional Formatting.
1. You need to type your start and end date which you want to highlight the rows between them in the worksheet.
2. Select the data range that you want to use (if your data has headers, please ignore them). And then click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. In the New Formatting Rule dialog box, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option, and enter this formula =AND($B2>=$D$2,$B2<=$E$2) into the Format values where this formula is true text box, (in the formula, B2 stands for the first date cell in your data range, D2 contains the start date and E2 contains the end date you have typed in step 1 ) see screenshot:
4. Then click Format button to choose one color you like to highlight the rows under the Fill tab in the Format Cells dialog, see screenshot:
5. And then click OK > OK to close the dialogs, and the rows which between the two specific dates have been highlighted.
Note: This Conditional Formatting is a dynamic tool, the result will be changed as the date changes.
With the Select Specific Cells utility of Kutools for Excel, you can quickly select all cells between two dates, and then specify a background color to highlight them. Please do as follows.
1. Select the range with the dates you want to highlight, and then click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, please do as follows:
1). Select Cell in the Selection type section (if you want to highlight the entire row, please select the Entire row option);
(2). In the Specific type section, select Greater than from the first drop-down list, and enter the start date into the following blank box. Select Less than from the second drop-down box, enter the end date into the box;
(3). Click the OK button.
3. Now all dates between the given two dates are selected immediately in your selected range. Please specify a background color under Home tab to highlight them.
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy Excel tools. Free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download the free trial now!
- How to highlight the date of current day / week / month in Excel?
- How to highlight rows with weekend days in Excel?
- How to make birthday reminder in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi I was hoping you could help me. I am trying to create an excel spreadsheet which will allow me to track how many sinks I have available for hire. For example I have 30 sinks in total and they are hired our to many various companies at different delivery dates and return dates. I wanted to be able to enter a formula that would used the two dates to then show if a sink is available for hire
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHi there, thanks for your efforts.
I have a simple sheet to track employees' leaves. I would like make sure that new leaves does not fall between other 2 dates for the same employee. For example, employee code # 2230 has a leave from 16 July 2017 to 20 July 2017, so if he applies for another 1 day leave on 18 July 2017 I want that date to get highlighted.
Can you please help me with that?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDear Ahmed,
Would you please provide an example screenshot of your worksheet? We need more information for dealing with the problem.
Best Regards, Crystal