How to highlight the date of current day / week / month in Excel?
In Excel, can you highlight the current day, week or month date in your data range automatically? By Default, Excel provides Conditional Formatting feature to help you solve this task, how could you apply this Conditional Formatting?
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
If you just need to highlight the cell of current day, week or month, you can do it with following these easy steps:
1. Select the data range that you want to highlight the specific date.
2. Click Home > Highlight Cells Rules > A Date Occurring, see screenshot:
3. And in the A Date Occurring dialog box, from the first drop down list, choose your date that you want to highlight, and in the second drop down list to choose one color that you like to format the certain date, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK, the cell of today’s date has been highlighted as following screenshot shown:
With the above method, you just only can highlight the cell of the specific date, if you need to highlight the entire row or row of selection, you need to use some formulas in the Conditional Formatting rule.
1. Select the data range or entire rows of data which excluding the headers if your data have.
2. Click Home > Conditional Formatting > New Rule, see screenshot:
3. And then in the New Formatting Rule dialog, click Use a formula to determine which cells to format option, then enter this formula =today()-weekday(today(), 3)=$A2-weekday($A2, 3) into the Format values where this formulas is true field to highlight the current week date.(A2 indicates the first date cell that you used, you can replace it with your need) See screenshot:
Tip: To highlight today’s date, apply this formula: =$A2=TODAY();
To highlight current month date, enter this formula: =TEXT($A2,"mmyy")=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmyy").
4. After typing the formula, then click Format button, in the Format Cells dialog, choose one color that you like under Fill tab.
5. Then click OK > OK to close the dialogs. And the rows which contain the date of current week have been formatted. See screenshot:
Note: In this data range, the formatting will be changed automatically when you modify or add date records.
Recommended Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 8 months agoI want to highlight day 15 of every month between 2019 - 2020 in a row on a Gantt chart. Any suggestions about how to do this?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoI have a set of date ranges: 8/6/2018-8/17/2018. I want to highlight that range based on today's date. Is this possible?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank you.. It works with me :)
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoA: The Google/Facebook/Twitter/Print/etc Icons...... makes a part of the page unreadable; AND CAN'T BE MOVED
B: Your "Excel highlight solution" DOES NOT WORK