How to delete all data but keep formulas in Excel?
If you have a worksheet with multiple data including numbers, texts and formulas, and you just want to delete all data but keep the formulas in this worksheet, how can you do?
There is no direct or one-click function to delete all data but formulas in Excel, but you can use Go To Special function to select all data but formulas first and then delete them.
1. Select the range you want to delete all data but formulas, press Ctrl + G keys simultaneusly to open the Go To dialog, then click Special button in the dialog to open the Go To Special dialog. See screenshots:
2. Then in the Go To Special dialog, check Constants and click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
3. Now all the data but formulas are selected, and press Delete button on the keyboard or right click to select Delete to remove all data except forluma cells.
On the contrary, in this section, we will show you how to delete all formulas from selected range but keep data in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range with formulas you want to remove but keep the data, then click Kutools > To Actual. See screenshot:
You can see all formulas in selected range are removed immediately, but the calculated results are kept in cells. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!