How to change the direction of worksheet?
Normally, the worksheet direction is Left-to-Right in Excel, but in order to satisfy certain language writing habits from right to left, Excel can switch direction of the worksheet which place the row and column heading on right as following screenshots shown. Please read this article to know more details about this task.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you apply to check the Default Direction in the Options dialog, your worksheet direction will be changed from right to left when you insert or create new worksheets. Please do as following steps:
1. Go to click File > Options, and in the opened Excel Options dialog, click Advanced from the left pane, and scroll to the Display group, under the Default direction section, check Right-to-left. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, you will see your worksheet direction changed when you create new worksheet.
Note: With this way, only your new created worksheets will change the direction, and this operation is not applied to the existing worksheets.
Here is another method for you to toggle the direction of the worksheet from left to right or vice versa at once with a toggle button. You need to add this Right-to-left document button to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
1. In your opened workbook, click Customize Quick Access Toolbar, and click More Commands from the list, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Excel Options dialog box;
- A: Choose All Commands from the Choose commands from drop down list;
- B: Then scroll to select Right-to-left document option in the list box;
- C: Lastly, click Add>> button to add this option to the right list box.
3. After adding the Right-to-left document option, click OK to close this dialog. Now you will see there is a Right-to-left document button displayed in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
And now when you click this Right-to-left document button, the current worksheet direction will be toggled between from right to left and from left to right at once.