How to change the direction of worksheet?
Normally, the worksheet direction is Left-to-Right in Excel, but in order to satisfy certain language writing habits from right to left, Excel can switch direction of the worksheet which place the row and column heading on right as following screenshots shown. Please read this article to know more details about this task.
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
If you apply to check the Default Direction in the Options dialog, your worksheet direction will be changed from right to left when you insert or create new worksheets. Please do as following steps:
1. Go to click File > Options, and in the opened Excel Options dialog, click Advanced from the left pane, and scroll to the Display group, under the Default direction section, check Right-to-left. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, you will see your worksheet direction changed when you create new worksheet.
Note: With this way, only your new created worksheets will change the direction, and this operation is not applied to the existing worksheets.
Here is another method for you to toggle the direction of the worksheet from left to right or vice versa at once with a toggle button. You need to add this Right-to-left document button to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
1. In your opened workbook, click Customize Quick Access Toolbar, and click More Commands from the list, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Excel Options dialog box;
- A: Choose All Commands from the Choose commands from drop down list;
- B: Then scroll to select Right-to-left document option in the list box;
- C: Lastly, click Add>> button to add this option to the right list box.
3. After adding the Right-to-left document option, click OK to close this dialog. Now you will see there is a Right-to-left document button displayed in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
And now when you click this Right-to-left document button, the current worksheet direction will be toggled between from right to left and from left to right at once.
Excel Productivity Tools
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agothanks a lot.Very helpful
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoThanks, easy and works just fine
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 7 months agoThank you!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 10 months agoشكرًا، واضحة ومباشرة
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoI tried right to left document and it takes the columns to the far end of the page and re-direct all my worksheets.