How to change the direction of worksheet?
Normally, the worksheet direction is Left-to-Right in Excel, but in order to satisfy certain language writing habits from right to left, Excel can switch direction of the worksheet which place the row and column heading on right as following screenshots shown. Please read this article to know more details about this task.
If you apply to check the Default Direction in the Options dialog, your worksheet direction will be changed from right to left when you insert or create new worksheets. Please do as following steps:
1. Go to click File > Options, and in the opened Excel Options dialog, click Advanced from the left pane, and scroll to the Display group, under the Default direction section, check Right-to-left. See screenshot:
2. Then click OK to close this dialog, you will see your worksheet direction changed when you create new worksheet.
Note: With this way, only your new created worksheets will change the direction, and this operation is not applied to the existing worksheets.
Here is another method for you to toggle the direction of the worksheet from left to right or vice versa at once with a toggle button. You need to add this Right-to-left document button to the Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
1. In your opened workbook, click Customize Quick Access Toolbar, and click More Commands from the list, see screenshot:
2. Then in the Excel Options dialog box;
- A: Choose All Commands from the Choose commands from drop down list;
- B: Then scroll to select Right-to-left document option in the list box;
- C: Lastly, click Add>> button to add this option to the right list box.
3. After adding the Right-to-left document option, click OK to close this dialog. Now you will see there is a Right-to-left document button displayed in the Customize Quick Access Toolbar, see screenshot:
And now when you click this Right-to-left document button, the current worksheet direction will be toggled between from right to left and from left to right at once.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!