How to select and delete every even rows in Excel?
In general, we usually select or delete every other rows, but if you want to select and delete every even rows such as the second row, the fourth row, the sixth row and so on, how can you select them? I believe that the following methods will help you.
In Excel, you need to create a help column first, and the apply Filter function.
1. Select a cell to type this formula =MOD(ROW(),2) into it, and press Enter button on the keyboard, and drag the auto fill handle to fill the range of the rows.
2. Select this formula column, and click Data > Filter, now a Filter button is added into the first row of the column. See screenshot:
3. Then click this Filter button, and check 0 in the drop-down list, see screenshot:
4. Click OK to close this drop-down list, and you can see only the first row and all even rows are filtered. Now you can select or delete all every even rows and except the first row. See screenshot:
There is a very easy method to select and delete every even rows if you have Kutools for Excel installed. The Select Interval Rows & Columns feature can quickly help you select every even rows and delete them.
1. Select the rows range from the second row to the end. See screenshot:
2. Then click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows & Columns. See screenshot:
3. In the displayed dialog, check Rows and Select entire rows, and type 1 into Interval of and Rows text boxes. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, now you can see every even rows are selected. You can delete them by right clicking > Delete.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!