How to select and delete every even rows in Excel?
In general, we usually select or delete every other rows, but if you want to select and delete every even rows such as the second row, the fourth row, the sixth row and so on, how can you select them? I believe that the following methods will help you.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
In Excel, you need to create a help column first, and the apply Filter function.
1. Select a cell to type this formula =MOD(ROW(),2) into it, and press Enter button on the keyboard, and drag the auto fill handle to fill the range of the rows.
2. Select this formula column, and click Data > Filter, now a Filter button is added into the first row of the column. See screenshot:
3. Then click this Filter button, and check 0 in the drop-down list, see screenshot:
4. Click OK to close this drop-down list, and you can see only the first row and all even rows are filtered. Now you can select or delete all every even rows and except the first row. See screenshot:
There is a very easy method to select and delete every even rows if you have Kutools for Excel installed. The Select Interval Rows & Columns feature can quickly help you select every even rows and delete them.
1. Select the rows range from the second row to the end. See screenshot:
2. Then click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Interval Rows & Columns. See screenshot:
3. In the displayed dialog, check Rows and Select entire rows, and type 1 into Interval of and Rows text boxes. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok, now you can see every even rows are selected. You can delete them by right clicking > Delete.