How to turn on/off the scroll lock in Excel?
In Excel, when you press Up and Down arrows or Left and Right arrows incautiously, the active cell moves at the same time. Sometimes, this is quite annoying, and you want to turn it on. Here, I talk about how to turn this scroll lock on or off in Excel.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
A very easy way to turn on or turn off scroll lock is to press the Scroll Lock button on the keyboard.
Open the Excel, and then press Scroll Lock button on the keyboard to turn on it. By default, the Scroll Lock is off.
If you want to turn scroll lock off, just need to press the Scroll Lock button again.
If there is no Scroll Lock key in your keyboard, you can use this this method.
Turn on/off scroll lock on the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 7/Vista
1. Click Start > All Programs. See screenshot:
2. Then click Accessories > Ease of Access > On-Screen Keyboard. See screenshot:
3. Then the On-Screen Keyboard appears on the screen, and just click the ScrLk button. See screenshot:
Turn on/off scroll lock on the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 8
1. Right click any blank place on the screen in the Windows 8, and click the Personalize from the context menu.
2. In the opening folder, click the Control Pane Home in the left.
3. Then click the Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Start On-Screen Keyboard successively in the following three dialog boxes. See screen shots below.
4. Click the ScrLk button on the popping up On-Screen Keyboard.
If you just want to display a working area in a sheet i Excel, you can apply the Set Scroll Area utility of Kutools for Excel to set a scrolling area of data you need to read.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the range you want to read and click Kutools > Range > Set Scroll Area.
If you want to show all range of the sheet, click Kutools > Range > Unhide All Ranges to display the whole sheet.