How to turn on/off the scroll lock in Excel?
In Excel, when you press Up and Down arrows or Left and Right arrows incautiously, the active cell moves at the same time. Sometimes, this is quite annoying, and you want to turn it on. Here, I talk about how to turn this scroll lock on or off in Excel.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 30-day trial of Office Tab!
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
A very easy way to turn on or turn off scroll lock is to press the Scroll Lock button on the keyboard.
Open the Excel, and then press Scroll Lock button on the keyboard to turn on it. By default, the Scroll Lock is off.
If you want to turn scroll lock off, just need to press the Scroll Lock button again.
If there is no Scroll Lock key in your keyboard, you can use this this method.
Turn on/off scroll lock on the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 7/Vista
1. Click Start > All Programs. See screenshot:
2. Then click Accessories > Ease of Access > On-Screen Keyboard. See screenshot:
3. Then the On-Screen Keyboard appears on the screen, and just click the ScrLk button. See screenshot:
Turn on/off scroll lock on the On-Screen Keyboard in Windows 8
1. Right click any blank place on the screen in the Windows 8, and click the Personalize from the context menu.
2. In the opening folder, click the Control Pane Home in the left.
3. Then click the Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Start On-Screen Keyboard successively in the following three dialog boxes. See screen shots below.
4. Click the ScrLk button on the popping up On-Screen Keyboard.
If you just want to display a working area in a sheet i Excel, you can apply the Set Scroll Area utility of Kutools for Excel to set a scrolling area of data you need to read.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
Select the range you want to read and click Kutools > Range > Set Scroll Area.
If you want to show all range of the sheet, click Kutools > Range > Unhide All Ranges to display the whole sheet.