How to disable protected view in Excel?
When we download or copy an Excel file from Internet or other unsafe locations to our computer, for the security of our computer, the Excel workbooks are opened as protected view. Sometimes, you may think this protected view is annoying, and you want to disable it. Now I tell you some quick tricks to disable protected view in Excel.
When we open an Excel file which is downloaded from Internet or other locations, there is a Security Warning bar above the formula bar. See screenshot:
Then you just need to click Enable Content button (or Options button in Excel 2007), it will exit the protect view.
Note: Also, you can go to File > Info > Enable Content, and select Enable All Content to make the file as a trusted file. See screenshot:
If you want stop protected view permanently, you can set the Option of Excel.
1. Open Excel, and click File or the Office button > Options. See screenshot:
2. In the Options dialog, click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings. See screenshot:
3. Then click Protected View in the left pane, and then uncheck the settings you want. See screenshot:
4. Then click OK > OK to close dialogs, and it stops protected view in Excel.
Note: There is no Protected View item in the Trust Center dialog in Excel 2007.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!