female escorts in mumbai
Generally speaking, it is easy for us to insert comments into cells of the unprotected worksheet. But sometimes you need to set password to protect your worksheet and want to insert comments in the protected sheet as well. How could you do this in Excel?
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
To insert comments in protected worksheet, you can check the Edit Objects option while you are protecting your worksheet. Please do as follows:
1. Click Review > Protect Sheet, see screenshot:
2. In the Protect Sheet dialog, enter your password into the Password to unprotect sheet text box, and then scroll down and check Edit objects option in the Allow all users of this worksheet to list box, see screenshot:
3. Then click OK, and reenter your password in the Confirm Password dialog.
4. And then click OK to close the dialogs, and now your worksheet has been protected, but you can insert comments into this worksheet.
Note: With this method, you just not only can insert comments, but also can insert other objects, such as pictures, charts and so on.
Except to check the Edit objects option when you protect worksheet, you can apply the following VBA code as well. The following VBA will help you insert a comment into a cell and then protect the worksheet. Please do as this:
1. Click a cell which you want to insert a comment.
2. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys, and it opens the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
3. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following code in the Module Window.
VBA code: Insert comments in protected worksheet
Public Sub InsertComment() 'Update 20140723 Dim xPW As String Dim xComment As String xPW = “123456” xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" xComment = Application.InputBox("Input comments", xTitleId, "", Type:=2) Application.ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:=xPW Application.ActiveCell.AddComment Application.ActiveCell.Comment.Text Text:=xComment ActiveSheet.Protect Password:=xPW End Sub
4. Then press F5 key to execute this code, and prompt box will pop out, in the box, please enter your comment content as you need, see screenshot:
5. Click OK to close this box, and your comment has been inserted into the specified cell and your current worksheet is protected at the same time.
1. You can modify the password to your own in xPW = “123456” of the above code.
2. If you want to insert another comment, just select a cell and run this code again, then enter the comment content.