How to prevent entering values with spaces in Excel?
When you enter values in worksheet cells, you are accustomed to tap spaces among the data. But, sometimes, you are not allowed to enter spaces between them. Are you suffered with this problem? Today, I will talk about how to prevent entering values with spaces in Excel.
To solve this task, you can use Data Validation with a simple formula, follow these steps to finish it.
1. Select a column that you need to prevent spaces when you enter data.
2. Click Data > Data Validation > Data Validation, see screenshot:
3. In the Data Validation dialog box, click Settings tab, and choose Custom from the Allow drop down list, then enter this formula =NOT(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(" ",A1))) into the Formula text box. See screenshot:
Note: A1 indicates the first cell of your selected column.
4. After finishing the settings, click OK to close this dialog. And now, when you input spaces within your data in the column which you have specified, you will get the following warning message.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!