How to remove gridlines from chart in Excel?
When you insert a chart, there are gridlines in the chart in default which may not be neat enough for viewing. Now I will introduce some tricks for you to quickly remove gridlines from chart in Excel.
Remove gridlines by press Delete key
Click at one of the gridlines except the first gridline, then it will select all gridlines, then press Delete key in the keyboard to remove them.
Remove gridlines by right click
Right click at one of the gridlines except the first gridline, select Delete option from the context menu.
Under Layout tab, you can hide the gridlines.
1. Click the chart to show Chart Tools in the Ribbon, and click Layout > Gridlines. See screenshot:
2. In the Gridlines list, select the horizontal or vertical gridlines you want to hide, then select None. See screenshot:
Tip: With the above two methods to remove or hide gridlines, you can click Layout > Gridlines, then select the horizontal or vertical gridlines and the gridlines type to show the gridlines again.
Note: In Excel 2013, click Design > Add Chart Element > Gridlines > Primary Major Horizontal/ Primary Major Vertical to hide gridlines, and click again to show gridlines.
Moreover, you can right click at one of the gridlines except the first gridline, select Format Gridlines, then in the popped out dialog, check No line option. See screenshot:
1. If you want to show the gridlines again, you need to go back to the above dialog (Format Major Gridlines) and check other option in Line Color section.
2. This method does not work in Excel 2007.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!