How to remove date from date time in Excel?
If you have a list of date and time stamps in your worksheet, and now you want to remove the date from the date time and only leave the time. Do you have any quick methods to deal with this job?
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words...
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum...
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns...
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Create Mailing List and Send Emails by Cell's Value...
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
With the Find and Replace function, you can finish this task as follows:
1. Select your date and time cells, then right click and choose Format Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, click General under Number tab to convert the time to general format, then click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
3. After changing the formatting, please press Ctrl + H keys to open the Find and Replace dialog box. In the Find and Replace dialog, please enter an asterisk and period (*.) into the Find what text box, and type only period (.) into the Replace with text box under Replace tab, see screenshot:
4. Then click Replace All button, and close the Find and Replace dialog. You will get the following result:
5. And next, you need to reformat the general to time format back, please choose Time from the left list box under Number tab in the Format Cells dialog box, and the date has been removed from the date and time stamp, see screenshots:
The following simple formula also can help you to remove date from the date and time.
1. Please enter this formula: =A2-INT(A2) (A2 contains the date and time that you want to use, you can change it to your need) into a blank cell besides your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range cells that you want to apply this formula, and you will get some decimal values as follows:
3. And then you can convert the decimal values to time format. Please right click, and choose Format Cells, in the Format Cells dialog box, click Time from the left list box, and choose one time type you like from the Type section under Number tab, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close this dialog, and your date has been removed and only leave the time, see screenshot: