How to remove date from date time in Excel?
If you have a list of date and time stamps in your worksheet, and now you want to remove the date from the date time and only leave the time. Do you have any quick methods to deal with this job?
With the Find and Replace function, you can finish this task as follows:
1. Select your date and time cells, then right click and choose Format Cells, see screenshot:
2. In the Format Cells dialog, click General under Number tab to convert the time to general format, then click OK to close the dialog. See screenshot:
3. After changing the formatting, please press Ctrl + H keys to open the Find and Replace dialog box. In the Find and Replace dialog, please enter an asterisk and period (*.) into the Find what text box, and type only period (.) into the Replace with text box under Replace tab, see screenshot:
4. Then click Replace All button, and close the Find and Replace dialog. You will get the following result:
5. And next, you need to reformat the general to time format back, please choose Time from the left list box under Number tab in the Format Cells dialog box, and the date has been removed from the date and time stamp, see screenshots:
The following simple formula also can help you to remove date from the date and time.
1. Please enter this formula: =A2-INT(A2) (A2 contains the date and time that you want to use, you can change it to your need) into a blank cell besides your data, see screenshot:
2. Then drag the fill handle over to the range cells that you want to apply this formula, and you will get some decimal values as follows:
3. And then you can convert the decimal values to time format. Please right click, and choose Format Cells, in the Format Cells dialog box, click Time from the left list box, and choose one time type you like from the Type section under Number tab, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK to close this dialog, and your date has been removed and only leave the time, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!