How to create funnel chart in Excel?
Have you ever wanted to create a funnel chart to show the data ascending or descending in Excel? In Excel, there is no a direct way to create a funnel chart, but now I will talk about a circuitous method to make a funnel chart in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
There are several steps to create a funnel chart, please follow step by step.
1. Select the data range and click Insert > Column > 100% Stacked Pyramid. See screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2013, do as follow to insert 100% Stacked Pyramid.
(1).You need to insert a 3-D 100% Stacked Column first. Click Insert > Column > 3-D 100%Stacked Column. See screenshot:
(2).And then right click at the column chart series to select Format Data Series, and check Full Pyramid option. See screenshots:
2. Click at the chart, and click Design > Switch Row/Column in the Data group. See screenshot:
Now you can see the chart as shown as below:
3. Right click the chart to select 3-D Rotation in the context menu. See screen shot:
4. In the Format Chart Area dialog, change the values in X and Y text boxes to zero in the Rotation section, and close this dialog. See screenshot:
In Excel 2013 change the values in X and Y text boxes to zero in the 3-D Rotation section in the Format Chart Area pane.
Now the chart change to this:
5. Right click at the Y axis and select Format Axis, then check Values in reverse order option. See screenshots:
In Excel 2013 check Values in reverse order in Format Axis pane.
6. Close the dialog. And you can delete axis, legend, and chart floor as you need, and also you can add the data labels in the chart by right click at the series and select Add Data Labels one by one.
Now you can see a completed funnel chart.