How to create radar chart/spider chart in Excel?
There are various charts in Excel, and every type of chart has its own superiority. However, for better and more quickly to analyze the benefit and stability of a department, I think the radar chart can be a good choice. Now this tutorial will talk about creating a radar chart which is also named spider chart in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel/Office
It is easy to create a simple radar chart in Excel.
1. Select the data range you need to show in the chart. See screenshot:
2. Click Insert > Other Charts > Radar, and select the radar chart type you like, here I select Radar with Markers. See screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2013, click Insert > Insert Stock, Surface or Radar Chart > Radar. See screenshot:
Now the radar chart is created with the axis labels.
If you just want to view the benefit or stability of the each department, you can delete the axis labels for clearly viewing.
3. Right click at the axis, and select Format Axis from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. In the Format Axis dialog, select None in Axis labels drop down list, and close this dialog. See screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2013, click on LABELS to expand its option in the Format Axis pane, then select None in the Label Position list. See screenshot:
Now you can see the radar chart as show below:
Recommended Productivity Tools
Bring handy tabs to Excel and other Office software, just like Chrome, Firefox and new Internet Explorer.
Amazing! Increase your productivity in 5 minutes. Don't need any special skills, save two hours every day!
300 New Features for Excel, Make Excel Much Easy and Powerful:
- Merge Cell/Rows/Columns without Losing Data.
- Combine and Consolidate Multiple Sheets and Workbooks.
- Compare Ranges, Copy Multiple Ranges, Convert Text to Date, Unit and Currency Conversion.
- Count by Colors, Paging Subtotals, Advanced Sort and Super Filter,
- More Select/Insert/Delete/Text/Format/Link/Comment/Workbooks/Worksheets Tools...
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoAnybody know how to set the start angle in radar graph
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThanks for the very concise and useful information provided.
Q1.- Is there any way to show a combined radar-plus-external-segmented-ring graphic in excel or any other SW?
Thanks and regards