How to highlight/conditional formatting unique/duplicate values in Excel?
If there is a range of data including duplicate and unique values in Excel worksheet, and how can you quickly highlight duplicate or unique values only from this range? Now you can solve it by following steps in Excel.
The Conditional Formatting function in Excel can do a favor for you.
1. Select the data range you need, and click Home > Conditional Formatting > Highlight Cells Rules > Duplicates Values. See screenshot:
2. Then in the in the Duplicate Values dialog, select Duplicate in the left list, and then specify the color you need from the list of values with list. See screenshot:
Tip: If you need more color options, you can select Custom Format from the values with list, and in the Format Cells dialog, click Fill tab, and select color you want.
3. Click OK to apply the Conditional Formatting function. Now you can see only duplicates are highlighted. See screenshot:
1. The highlighting will change as the data change.
2. If you want to highlight unique values only, you can select Unique in the list of the Duplicate Values in step 2.
If you just want to highlight the duplicate or unique values in only a column, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Select Duplicate & Unique Cells function.
1. Select the list where you want to find out duplicate or unique cells, and click Kutools > Select Tools > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the popping dialog, you can check the option you need in the Rule section, here I check All duplicates (Including 1st one). See screenshot:
3. Click Ok to apply the function. And a dialog popped out to tell you the number of selected rows.
4. Then click OK > Cancel to close dialogs. Now you can see all duplicates are selected.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)