How to add calculated field to pivot table?
When you have created a pivot table based on your source data, and sometimes, you still hope that the data of the pivot table can do further calculation for more information. In this case, the Calculated Field feature can help you to add the custom calculated field as you want and needn’t alert the source data. To know more about this feature, please read this article.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
Supposing I have the following pivot table, and now, I want to calculate the average sale per people in each company. In this example, I will show you how to apply the Calculated Field feature to solve this job.
1. Click any cell in your pivot table to display the PivotTable Tools tabs.
2. And then click Options > Fields, Items, & Sets > Calculated Field, see screenshot:
3. In the Insert Calculated Field dialog, please type the field name you need into the Name text box, see screenshot:.
4. Then in the Formula text box, remove the original formula and type = only, and click Sale Price, then click Insert Field button to insert your field into the Formula box, see screenshot:.
5. After inserting the Sale Price field, and enter sign of division / , and go on clicking the Number of People field, and then click Insert Field button, you will get your custom calculated field completely. See screenshot:.
6. And then click Add button in the Insert Calculated Field dialog, then click OK to close the dialog, and you will get a new column of average sale field behind you original data in your pivot table..
Note: For this example, I introduce a simple formula, if you need some complex calculations, you just need to insert your formula into the Formula text box as you need..