How to add calculated field to pivot table?
When you have created a pivot table based on your source data, and sometimes, you still hope that the data of the pivot table can do further calculation for more information. In this case, the Calculated Field feature can help you to add the custom calculated field as you want and needn’t alert the source data. To know more about this feature, please read this article.
Supposing I have the following pivot table, and now, I want to calculate the average sale per people in each company. In this example, I will show you how to apply the Calculated Field feature to solve this job.
1. Click any cell in your pivot table to display the PivotTable Tools tabs.
2. And then click Options > Fields, Items, & Sets > Calculated Field, see screenshot:
3. In the Insert Calculated Field dialog, please type the field name you need into the Name text box, see screenshot:.
4. Then in the Formula text box, remove the original formula and type = only, and click Sale Price, then click Insert Field button to insert your field into the Formula box, see screenshot:.
5. After inserting the Sale Price field, and enter sign of division / , and go on clicking the Number of People field, and then click Insert Field button, you will get your custom calculated field completely. See screenshot:.
6. And then click Add button in the Insert Calculated Field dialog, then click OK to close the dialog, and you will get a new column of average sale field behind you original data in your pivot table..
Note: For this example, I introduce a simple formula, if you need some complex calculations, you just need to insert your formula into the Formula text box as you need..
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!