How to remove calculated field from pivot table?
If you have add some new calculated fields into your pivot table as How to add calculated field to pivot table article is mentioned. And after viewing the data analysis of the new custom calculation in your pivot table, you want to remove the calculated field to restore the pivot table. Today, I will talk about how to delete the calculated field temporarily or permanently from pivot table.
If you want to remove the calculated field temporarily, and later, you can apply it again, you just need to hide the field in the Field List.
1. Click any cell in the pivot table to display the PivotTable Field List pane.
2. In the PivotTable Field List pane, please uncheck the calculated field that you are created, see screenshot:
3. After removing the check mark of the custom calculated field, this field will be removed from the pivot table.
Note: If you need the calculated field appear, just check the field again in the PivotTable Field List pane.
To permanently remove a calculated field, do with following steps:
1. Click any cell in your pivot table to display the PivotTable Tools tabs.
2. Then click Options > Fields, Items, & Sets > Calculated Field, see screenshot:
3. In the Insert Calculated Field dialog box, please choose the name of your custom calculated field from the Name drop down list, see screenshot:
4. Then click Delete button and click OK to close this dialog, and now, your calculated field has been removed permanently, you will not restore it any more.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!