How to convert range to table or vice versa in Excel?
Table is a useful feature for us to do some operations in Excel, so sometime, we need to create a table based on a range of data. To convert the range to table or vice versa, Excel provides some easy ways for us to use. Please know more details in this article.
To convert the data range to a table, please do as follows:
1. Select the data range that you want to convert.
2. Click Insert > Table, in the Create Table dialog box, check My table has headers if your data has headers, see screenshots:
3. Then click OK, and your data range has been converted to the table format.
Tip: Except the above way, you can also format the data range as table with the below method.
1. Select the data range, and then click Home > Format as Table, choose one table style you like from the Format as Table drop down list.
2. In the popped out Format As Table dialog box, check My table has headers if your data has headers, and then click OK to finish the procedure.
One click to convert a table to plain text of range in Excel
When applying Home > Clear > Clear Formats to a table, it will remove fill color, font color or other formats from the table. However, the selected range is still a table. But you want to remove all kinds of formats from the selected table and convert it to a normal range with plain text. In this case, try the Clear All Cell Formatting utility of Kutools for Excel. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Convert table to range in Excel
If you need to convert the table back to the normal data range, Excel also provides an easy way to deal with it.
1. Select your table range, right click and select Table > Convert to Range from the context menu. See screenshot:
Tip: You can also select the table range, and then click Design > Convert to Range.
2. Then a prompt box will pop out, please click Yes button, and the selected table will be converted to the normal range.
Note: This method will only remove the table formatting style, but keep both fill color and font color of original table. If you need to remove all table formatting including the fill color and font color, please go ahead with following method.
Convert a table to plain text of range with Kutools for Excel
Kutools for Excel's provides a Clear All Cells Formatting utility to enable Excel users one click to clear the table formatting style without losing table data in Excel.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.