How to create scrollable list / area in worksheet?
If you have huge data sets in your worksheet, it may be painful for you to read them row by row in a long list. In this case, you can create a scrollable list which may display only 10 rows or any other number rows at a time for your view comfortable as following screenshot shown:
And in this article, I will talk about a cool trick to make this scrollable list in worksheet.
You can follow the below steps to finish this operation, please do as this:
1. Copy and paste your data headers into a location you need.
2. Then create a scroll bar besides your data headers, please click Developer > Insert, and select Scroll Bar under Form Controls, then drag the cursor to draw a scroll bar as following screenshots:
Note: If your Excel do not show the Developer tab, you can go to Excel Options dialog to check Developer tab in the Main tab list.
3. And then right click the scroll bar, choose Format Control from the context menu, see screenshot:
4. In the Format Object dialog box, click Control tab and do as follows:
- A: In the Current value text box, enter 1;
- B: Type the minimum value and maximum value of your data list, in this example, I will type 1 and 61, and they are indicating the value varies from 1 to 61;
- C: Fill in the incremental change and page change number you need;
- D: Finally, select a cell to link to your scroll bar, I will select K5.
5. Resize the scroll bar so that it fits 10 rows that you want per page as following screenshot shown:
6. And now enter this formula =OFFSET(A1,$K$5,0) in the scroll list first cell G6, see screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, A1 is the first cell of your original data, K5 is your scroll bar linked cell you have created in step 4.
7. And then drag the fill handle to fill all the other cells, now, you can see the scrollable list has been created successfully, see screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!