How to apply the same filter to multiple pivot tables?
Sometimes, you may create several pivot tables based on the same data source, and now you filter one pivot table and want other pivot tables are filtered with the same way as well, that means, you want to change multiple pivot table filters at once in Excel. This article, I will talk about the usage of a new feature Slicer in Excel 2010 and 2013.
If you are using Excel 2010 or 2013, there is a w feature – Slicer may help you quickly filter multiple pivot tables at once, please do as follows:
1. Create your used pivot tables based on the same data source as following screenshot shown:
2. Then click any cell in PivotTable1 to display the PivotTable Tools tab, and then click Options > Insert Slicer > Insert Slicer, see screenshot:
Tip: In Excel 2013, please click Analyze > Insert Slicer.
3. In the Insert Slicers dialog box, check a field you need to use as a filter, and then click OK to create a slicer, see screenshots:
4. After creating the slicer, please select it to show the Slicer Tools tab, and then click Options > PivotTable Connections, see screenshot:
5. Then in the PivotTable Connections dialog box, check the pivot tables which you want to filter at the same time, see screenshot:
6. And then click OK to close it, and now, when you click one item in the slicer list, all the same relative items will be filtered out at once in the checked pivot tables, see screenshot:
Note: There is no this Silcer feature in Excel 2007.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!