How to format axis labels as thousands/millions in Excel?
If you have a chart in Excel as below screenshot shown, and now you want to format the axis labels as thousands/millions like 100K, 1M, how can you solve it?
You can go to the Format Axis dialog to format the axis.
1. Right click at the axis you want to format its labels as thousands/millions, select Format Axis in the context menu.
2. In the Format Axis dialog/pane, click Number tab, then in the Category list box, select Custom, and type [>999999] #,,"M";#,"K" into Format Code text box, and click Add button to add it to Type list. See screenshot:
3. Close dialog, now you can see the axis labels are formatted as thousands or millions.
Tip: If you just want to format the axis labels as thousands or only millions, you can type #,"K" or #,"M" into Format Code textbox and add it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!