How to count number of “Yes” or “No” answer in Excel?
For example you have a worksheet with “Yes”, “No” or other answers, and you want to count the percentage of these answers one by one. Before counting the answer percentage, you need to know the total cell number of “Yes”, “No” or other answers separately. In this article, we will show you how to count cell number of “Yes” or “No” in Excel.
For example you have the answers in the cell range “B15:B21”, with the formula of CountIf function, you can count number of “Yes” or ”No” answer as follows.
Count number of “Yes”
1. Select a blank cell, copy and paste the formula =COUNTIF(B15:B21,"Yes") into the Formula Bar, and then press the Enter key. Then you can see the result display in the selected cell. See screenshot:
Count number of “No”
1. Select a blank cell, copy and paste formula =COUNTIF(B15:B21,"No") into the Formula Bar, and then press Enter key.
Count other answer
For example, if there is answer “Neutrality” mix among Yes and No, you can also count it with CountIf function.
1. Select a blank cell, copy and paste formula =COUNTA(B15:B21)-COUNTIF(B15:B21,"Yes")-COUNTIF(B15:B21,"No")-COUNTIF(B15:B21,"=""") into the Formula Bar, then press Enter key. You will get the number of other answers except “Yes” and “No”, see screenshot:
Note: After copying and pasting the above formulas, you need to change the cell range based on your worksheet.
You can quickly count and select the cells with “Yes”, “No” or other answers as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Please click Kutools > Select > Select Specific Cells.
2. In the Select Specific Cells dialog box, select the cell range in the Select cells in this range section, choose Cell option in the Selection type section, specify Equals and Yes (or No and others) in the Specific type section, and finally click the Ok button. See screenshot below.
3. Then you can see the total cells of Yes is displaying in the Select Specific Cells dialog box, and then click the OK button.
After clicking the OK button, all cells with Yes in your selected cell range are selected automatically.
You can repeat the above steps to count cells with No or other answers.
- How to count cell numbers between two values or dates in Excel?
- How to count number of cells with text or number in Excel?
- How to count cells with specific text in Excel?
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agovery helpful, simple and informative, thanks so much!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoneed to add count for blank spaces into this