How to change 3d chart depth axis in Excel?
When you insert a 3d chart, you may be confused that why the z axis doesn’t show all the labels on the chart as below screenshot show. Now I am talking about changing the scale of the 3d chart depth axis to solve this problem in Excel.
To change the scale of 3d chart depth axis, you just need to adjust Interval between tick marks and Specify interval unit options. Now I will tell you the details.
1. Right click at the depth axis, and select Format Axis option in the context menu.
In Excel 2007 and 2010’s Format Axis dialog, go to Axis Options section, then type 1 into the text box beside Interval between tick marks, then check Specify interval unit option and type 1 into the text box beside it. See screenshot:
In Excel 2013’s Format Axis pane, expand the Tick Marks section and enter 1 into the Inerval between makrs box; next expand the Labels section, check the Spcicify interval unit option and enter 1 into the following box.
2. Click Close to exit the Format Axis dialog, now all the labels are shown at the depth axis.
1. The number that you type in the Interval between tick marks text box determines how many data series are displayed between the tick marks.
2. The number that you type in the Specify interval unit text box determines how many labels are displayed between the data series. For example, type 1 to display a label for every data series, 2 to display a label for every other data series, 3 to display a label for every third data series, and so on.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!