How to change 3d chart depth axis in Excel?
When you insert a 3d chart, you may be confused that why the z axis doesn’t show all the labels on the chart as below screenshot show. Now I am talking about changing the scale of the 3d chart depth axis to solve this problem in Excel.
Change 3d chart depth axis
Change 3d chart depth axis
To change the scale of 3d chart depth axis, you just need to adjust Interval between tick marks and Specify interval unit options. Now I will tell you the details.
1. Right click at the depth axis, and select Format Axis option in the context menu.
In Excel 2007 and 2010’s Format Axis dialog, go to Axis Options section, then type 1 into the text box beside Interval between tick marks, then check Specify interval unit option and type 1 into the text box beside it. See screenshot:
In Excel 2013’s Format Axis pane, expand the Tick Marks section and enter 1 into the Inerval between makrs box; next expand the Labels section, check the Spcicify interval unit option and enter 1 into the following box.
2. Click Close to exit the Format Axis dialog, now all the labels are shown at the depth axis.
1. The number that you type in the Interval between tick marks text box determines how many data series are displayed between the tick marks.
2. The number that you type in the Specify interval unit text box determines how many labels are displayed between the data series. For example, type 1 to display a label for every data series, 2 to display a label for every other data series, 3 to display a label for every third data series, and so on.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails...
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range...
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns... Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges...
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
- More than
300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by
50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!