How to convert Excel file to a Word document?
In some cases, you may want to convert the excel file to a word document, but there is not a convertor that can help you to directly solve this task. Now I will tell you some convenient tricks to convert excel worksheet to word document.
Quickly split multiple worksheets into separate workbook in Excel
|In Microsoft Excel, you can save or split a worksheet from one workbook as a new Excel file by copying and pasting this worksheet into a new workbook. It seems troublesome, if you want to split each sheet / worksheet of a large workbook as separate Excel, txt, csv, pdf files. But with Kutools for Excel’s Split Workbook utility, you can quickly deal with it. Click for 30 days free trial with full features!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
The most direct and easiest way is to copy the worksheet contents in Excel, then paste them in the Word document.
1. Open the Excel worksheet you need, and select the contents range you need to convert to Word document, if you need to convert the whole worksheet, press Ctrl + A to quickly select it, then press Ctrl + C to copy it.
2. Open a blank Word document, and place the cursor at the document and right click to open the context menu, then select the paste type you need under Paste Options section. See screenshot:
Note: You just can copy one selection at once time.
If you want to quickly convert a whole Excel worksheet to Word document without opening Excel, you can insert the excel worksheet as an object in Word.
(1) By inserting as object, you only can insert an entire worksheet at once time.
(2) It will insert the last active worksheet when Excel workbook is closed as the object.
1. Open Word document, and click Insert > Object. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Object dialog, under Create from File tab, then click Browse to select the workbook you need to insert its worksheet from the Browse dialog.
Note: Please close the workbook before inserting it as an object in Microsoft Word.
3. Click Insert > OK to finish the operation. Now the last active worksheet in the selected workbook has been inserted as an object in the Word document.
Tip: You can edit and format the object as you need by right click at the object and select the option you need from the context menu.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 30-day trial of Office Tab!