How to convert Excel file to a Word document?
In some cases, you may want to convert the excel file to a word document, but there is not a convertor that can help you to directly solve this task. Now I will tell you some convenient tricks to convert excel worksheet to word document.
The most direct and easiest way is to copy the worksheet contents in Excel, then paste them in the Word document.
1. Open the Excel worksheet you need, and select the contents range you need to convert to Word document, if you need to convert the whole worksheet, press Ctrl + A to quickly select it, then press Ctrl + C to copy it.
2. Open a blank Word document, and place the cursor at the document and right click to open the context menu, then select the paste type you need under Paste Options section. See screenshot:
Note: You just can copy one selection at once time.
If you want to quickly convert a whole Excel worksheet to Word document without opening Excel, you can insert the excel worksheet as an object in Word.
(1) By inserting as object, you only can insert an entire worksheet at once time.
(2) It will insert the last active worksheet when Excel workbook is closed as the object.
1. Open Word document, and click Insert > Object. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Object dialog, under Create from File tab, then click Browse to select the workbook you need to insert its worksheet from the Browse dialog.
Note: Please close the workbook before inserting it as an object in Microsoft Word.
3. Click Insert > OK to finish the operation. Now the last active worksheet in the selected workbook has been inserted as an object in the Word document.
Tip: You can edit and format the object as you need by right click at the object and select the option you need from the context menu.
Quickly split multiple worksheets into separate workbook in Excel
|In Microsoft Excel, you can save or split a worksheet from one workbook as a new Excel file by copying and pasting this worksheet into a new workbook. It seems troublesome, if you want to split each sheet / worksheet of a large workbook as separate Excel, txt, csv, pdf files. But with Kutools for Excel’s Split Workbook utility, you can quickly deal with it. Click for 30 days free trial with full features!|
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!