How to calculate / get day of the year in Excel?
Have you ever tried to calculate a specific date falls on which day of the year's 365 days in Excel? For example, the date of today is 2014/12/11, and I want to know which day of today within the 365days a year. In this article, I will talk about an easy formula to deal with it.
Calculate / get day of the year in Excel with formula
|Add years / months / days / weeks to date:
|Kutools for Excel’s Formulas utility contains some commonly-used formulas, such as add years to date, calculate age based on birthday and so on. With these usual formulas, you can quickly get the result that you want without remembering any formulas. Read more about this feature...
Calculate day of the year in Excel with formula
Unfortunately, there is no direct function for us to calculate the specific day of a year, but you can apply the following simple formula to solve this task.
1. Enter this formula: =A2-DATE(YEAR(A2),1,0) into a blank cell, see screenshot:
Tip: A2 contains the date that you want to calculate the day of the year, you can change it to your need.
2. Then press Enter key, and you will get the day of the specific date within the year.
How to calculate days left in month or year in Excel?
Excel Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings
300+ cool and powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) for you.
- Designed for
1500+ work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Save a lot of work time, leave much time for you to love and care the family and enjoy a comfortable life now.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years. Buy once, use forever.
- Being used by 110,000 elites and 300+ well-known companies.
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Open and create documents in new tabs of same window, rather than in new windows.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!