How to calculate / get day of the year in Excel?
Have you ever tried to calculate a specific date falls on which day of the year's 365 days in Excel? For example, the date of today is 2014/12/11, and I want to know which day of today within the 365days a year. In this article, I will talk about an easy formula to deal with it.
Unfortunately, there is no direct function for us to calculate the specific day of a year, but you can apply the following simple formula to solve this task.
1. Enter this formula: =A2-DATE(YEAR(A2),1,0) into a blank cell, see screenshot:
Tip: A2 contains the date that you want to calculate the day of the year, you can change it to your need.
2. Then press Enter key, and you will get the day of the specific date within the year.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supports Office/Excel 2007-2021 and 365 | Available in 44 Languages | Easy to Uninstall Completely
Kutools for Excel Boasts Over 300 Features, Ensuring That What You Need Is Just A Click Away...
Supercharge Your Excel Skills: Experience Efficiency Like Never Before with Kutools for Excel (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day! (Full-Featured 30-Day Free Trial)