How to enter same data in multiple worksheets at once in Excel?
We may need to design set of worksheets with same styles in workbooks for different purposes. For example, a workbook with all monthly sales report worksheets of a year, or a workbook with monthly staff evaluation worksheets. For these worksheets in a certain workbook, they all have the same style as they all work for a single purpose. Therefore, for saving time, they tend to prepare these worksheets in advance for future use. In this article, we will show you how to create multiple worksheets with same data in Excel.
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
1. Create a new workbook, add new worksheets and rename them. Or open a workbook you have created.
2. Select worksheets.
1). If you just want to enter same dada in several worksheets in workbook, please click an worksheet tab, hold the Ctrl key, and then click to select other worksheets one by one.
2). If you want to select all worksheets in a workbook, please select the first sheet tab, hold the Shift key, and then click the last sheet name in the workbook.
3. After selecting worksheets, fill the current active worksheet with the data and style you need. At the same time, all selected worksheets are filled with exactly same content.
If you forgot selecting sheet tabs when entering data in current worksheet. Here I will introduce Copy Multiple Worksheets and Rename Multiple Worksheet utilities of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can quickly create multiple worksheets based on current worksheet.
1. After installing the Kutools for Excel, enable the utility with clicking Enterprise > Worksheet > Copy Multiple Worksheets.
2. In the following dialog box, select the worksheet which you want to make copies of it, specify the number of copies, and select the location for inserting them, finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
3. In the popping up dialog box, click the OK button. Now the worksheets with exactly same data are successfully copied, and the sheet names are created based on the selected one.
4. You can rename these sheet names at once as you need with clicking Enterprise > Worksheet > Rename Multiple Worksheet.
5. In the Rename Multiple Worksheets dialog box, you need to check the copied worksheets which need to be renamed in the Worksheets box; select Replace original sheet name option in Rename Options section; check the From specific range option and select the cell range with contents you will use as sheet names, and finally click the OK button.
Then all selected worksheets are renamed immediately.