How to create a hyperlink to a specific folder in Excel?
Create a hyperlink to a specific folder helps you easily open this folder with just clicking on this link in Excel. In this article, we will show you method of creating a hyperlink to folder step by step.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Actually, it is quite easy to create a hyperlink to a specific folder with the Hyperlink function in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Open the specific folder you want to link to Excel cell, copy the folder path in the address bar. See screenshot:
2. Go to the spreadsheet, select and right click the cell you want to create hyperlink to. And then click Hyperlink in the right-clicking menu.
3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, click Existing File or Web Page in the Link to section, then paste the folder path you have copied into the Address box, and finally click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now the hyperlink is successfully created. When click the hyperlink in this cell, the specific folder will be opened automatically.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 24 days agothis is fine if the link is static - can you create a link if the underlying folder is changeing - eg. Marketing Jan 2019 which changes each month? Could you link this to a cell which has a formula for creating the appropriate path?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoExcellent, thank you for sharing