How to send email from Excel with mailto hyperlink function?
In Excel, you can use the mailto hyperlink function to create an email from Excel. The email created by mailto hyperlink includes the recipient’s email address, subject and body. In this article, we will show you how to send email from Excel with mailto hyperlink function.
In this section, I will show you how to directly create a mailto hyperlink in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly, you need to enter the recipient address, email subject and the email body separately into cell B1, B2 and B3. See screenshot.
2. Select a blank cell which you want the mailto hyperlink locates in, such as cell B4.
3. Copy and paste the hyperlink function =HYPERLINK("mailto:" & B1 & "?subject="& B2 & "&body=" & B3, "Linking text") into the Formula Bar of the selected cell, and then press the Enter key.
Note: In the formula, B1, B2 and B3 contain the recipient’s address, email subject and body; and the “Linking text” is the display text of this hyperlink. You can change them as you need.
From now on, when click the mailto hyperlink, an Outlook email will be created automatically with the specified recipient, subject and body. See screenshot:
As the characters of above method is limited, here I introduce anther method for you to create a mailto hyperlink in Excel.
1. Select a cell which you want to create a mailto hyperlink.
2. Click Insert > Hyperlink. See screenshot:
3. In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, you need to:
1). Click E-mail Address in the Link to pane;
2). Type the recipient’s email address into the E-mail address box;
3). In the Subject box, type in the email subject, after typing the email subject, enter &body=email body;
For example, if the email subject is “subject of the email” and the email body is “body of the email”, please enter subject of the email&body=body of the email into the Subject box.
4). Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then the mailto hyperlink is created. Click on it, an Outlook email will be created with all specified recipient’s address, subject and body listed out.
This section will recommend the Send Emails utility of Kutools for Excel. With this utility, you can easily send emails with specified mailing list you have created in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Firstly, you need to create mailing list you need in Excel. Click Kutools Plus > Create Mailing List. See screenshot:
2. In the Create Mailing List dialog box, please check the fields you need to include in the email in both Columns for Mailing list and Attach files sections. Specify a location to place the created mailing list and then click the Create button. See screenshot:
3. Now a sample mailing list is created. Please fill in the corresponding fields with your needed content as below screenshot shown:
4. Select the whole Mailing list, then click Send Emails button in the ribbon. See screenshot:
5. In the Send Emails dialog box, you can see all fields are filled with the corresponding mailing list content, compose the mail body as you need, check the Send emails via Outlook box, and finally click the Send button to send the email. See screenshot:
6. After that, a Kutools for Excel dialog box pops up to tell you about the sending of the email, please click the OK button and close the Send Emails dialog box.
Now you can go to the Outlook's Send Items folder to check the sent email. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!