- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoGood Day,
Please enter this formula =A1&""&A2 into cell A3 to combine texts in cell A1 and A2.
How to copy cell as text value not formula in Excel?
Normally when you copy cells with formulas and paste them into other cells, the formulas are pasted automatically. Sometimes you may need to copy the displayed values only in cells without the formulas. This article will provide you with methods of copying cell as text value not formula in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can copy cell as text value only with Excel build-in function, please do as follows.
1. Select the range you want to copy as text value only, and press Ctrl + C.
2. Click to select a blank cell for placing the copied cells.
3. Then click Home > Paste > Values. See screenshot:
Then the copied cells are pasted as values into the blank cells you selected in step 2.
Besides the above method, here I introduce a handy add-in – Kutools for Excel. With the Copy Ranges utility of Kutools for Excel, you can not only copy and paste cells as text only, but also formats, comments and so on in Excel. Please browse for details of copying cell as text in Excel.
1. Select the range with cells you want to paste only text, and then click Kutools > Copy Ranges. See screenshot:
2. In the Copy Multiple Ranges dialog box, check the Displayed value option, and then click the OK button.
3. Select a blank cell for locating the copied cells, and then click OK. See screenshot:
Then only the displayed values of selected cells are copied and pasted.
Also, with the Copy Multiple Ranges utility, you can copy and paste cells with the original row heights and column widths at the same time.
And you can copy multiple selected ranges at the same time with this utility in Excel. See screenshot shown
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI want to copy the value of two cells into a single cell for example A1 = Bob, A2 = White, A3 = BobWhite