How to combine ranges from different worksheets/workbook into one?
In some cases, you may need to combine multiple ranges from different worksheets or workbooks to one, how can you quickly solve it in Excel? Here I will introduce the general method and the quick tricks for you to handle this task.
In Excel, the general method to combine ranges is to apply Copy and Paste features.
Select the first range and hold Ctrl key then press C to copy it, then go to a new worksheet and place the cursor at a cell, and press Ctrl + V to paste the first range. Then repeat this operation of copying and pasting to combine all ranges to the new worksheet.
This method is easy when only several ranges needed to be combined, but if there are dozens of ranges needed to be merged, this manual way will be a waste of time. Now here is a trick can quickly and correctly combine multiple ranges across sheets or workbooks into one, please read the below details.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use its powerful utility – Combine to quickly solve this task. If you have not installed Kutools for Excel, do no worry, you also can use Combine by free download it.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After install Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Open the workbook you want to combine the ranges and click Kutools Plus > Combine to enable the Combine Worksheets dialog, then check the first option – Combine multiple worksheets from workbooks into one worksheet. See screenshots:
2. Then click Next to go to next step, and in this step you need to finish below operations:
(1)Click Add button to add the workbook(s) that you want to combine, then check the workbook and the worksheets you need, then select the range you want to combine together. See screenshot:
(2) If you want to combie the same rangs of each sheets, select the range of one sheet, then click Same range button to apply the range to all sheets.
3. Click Next to go to the last step, and in this step, you can specify the characterized setting as you need. See screenshot:
4. Click Finish. A dialog reminds you to save the scenario, you can click Yes or No as you need. See screenshot:
Now the selected ranges are merged in a new workbook.
In addition to this, with Combine utility, you can combine multiple sheets across workbooks into one sheets or one workbook, you can combine the same name sheets from multiple workbooks into one sheets or one workbook, you can merge sheets and do some calculation and so on.
With Combine utility, you can do this operation: