How to save filtered data to new sheet/workbook in Excel?
When copying a filtered range in Excel, it will only copy the visible cells by default, and then we can paste it into a new worksheet manually. However, the row height and column width are not reserved. Therefore, how to save filtered data to a new worksheet or workbook, and keep row height and column width simultaneously in Excel? Here we will introduce a couple of methods for you.
- Save filtered data to new sheet with Copy and Paste features
- Save filtered data to new sheet with Copy and Move feature
Normally we can apply the Copy feature and Paste feature to save filtered data into a new worksheet or workbook directly. You can do as follows:
1. Create a new worksheet with clicking the Add button or on the Sheet Tab bar.
(1) Pressing Shift + F11 keys simultaneously can also create a new worksheet.
(2) If you are going to save the filtered data into a new workbook, just press Ctrl + N keys simultaneously to create a new workbook.
2. Select the filtered data, and copy it with pressing the Ctrl + C keys at the same time.
3. Go to the new worksheet or workbook, select a blank cell, and press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste the filtered data.
Then you will see only filtered data are copied and pasted into the new worksheet/workbook. However, the row height and column width are lost. See below screen shots:
If the filtered data are too huge to select and copy easily, and you have customized column widths and row heights for many columns and rows, the Copying and Pasting may be not a good solution. In these conditions, you should try the Kutools for Excel's Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns utility.
1. Right click the sheet name which contains the filtered data in the Sheet Tab bar, and select the Move or Copy from the right-clicking menu.
Step 2: In the popping up Move or Copy dialog box, specify a workbook in the Move select sheets to book drop down list, check the Create a copy option, and click the OK button.
Note: To save filtered data into a new worksheet, select current workbook name in the Move Selected sheets To book drop down list; to save filtered data into a new workbook, please select (new book).
3. Now you will get into the new worksheet/workbook, please click the Kutools > Delete > Delete Hidden (Visible) Rows & Columns, and then in the opening dialog box,
(1) Select In Active Sheet in the Look in drop down list;
(2) Check Rows option in the Delete type section;
(3) Check Hidden Rows option in the Detailed type section;
(4) Click the Ok button.
It will take several minutes to delete all hidden rows if too many hidden rows exist. As deleting completes, a dialog bow will come out and tell you how many hidden rows have been deleted, just click Ok button to close it.
Now you will see all filtered data are reserved into the new worksheet, and all cell formatting including row heights and column widths are kept.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!