How to quickly insert windows username in cell in Excel?
In Excel working, sometimes you may need to insert windows username in cells. You can insert username one by one manually, but here I have some better ways saving your time.
Here I introduce you a VBA code to quickly insert windows username to a range of cells in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module, then copy and paste below VBA code to the Module window.
VBA: Insert username.
Sub Usernameincell() Range("A1:D5").Value = Application.UserName End Sub
2. Click Run button or F5 key to run the code, then the username is inserted into each cell in range A1: D5. See screenshot:
You can change the range A1: D5 in VBA code to meet your need.
But if there are some contents in the specified range, this VBA code will replace the cell contents with username only.
In this case, you can choose to use Kutools for Excel.
If you want to insert windows username, or other workbooks’ information, such as workbook name, worksheet name, workbook path and name in a cell or footer or header, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Insert Workbook Information.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information. See screenshot:
B: Select a location to put the inserted information.
C: To insert header or footer, you can choose to place
the information at certer of header/footer, left of header/
footer, or right of header/footer.
Insert workbook path and name at a cell
Insert username at center header
Insert current date and time at right footer
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!