To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoYou don't need all this crap, the formula for the username is
How to quickly insert windows username in cell in Excel?
In Excel working, sometimes you may need to insert windows username in cells. You can insert username one by one manually, but here I have some better ways saving your time.
Insert Workbook Information
|Kutools for Excel's Insert Workbook Information utility can quickly insert sheet name, path, user name and
so on to a cell, header or footer.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Here I introduce you a VBA code to quickly insert windows username to a range of cells in Excel.
1. Press Alt + F11 keys to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window, click Insert > Module, then copy and paste below VBA code to the Module window.
VBA: Insert username.
Sub Usernameincell() Range("A1:D5").Value = Application.UserName End Sub
2. Click Run button or F5 key to run the code, then the username is inserted into each cell in range A1: D5. See screenshot:
You can change the range A1: D5 in VBA code to meet your need.
But if there are some contents in the specified range, this VBA code will replace the cell contents with username only.
In this case, you can choose to use Kutools for Excel.
If you want to insert windows username, or other workbooks’ information, such as workbook name, worksheet name, workbook path and name in a cell or footer or header, you can use Kutools for Excel’s Insert Workbook Information.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Enterprise > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information. See screenshot:
B: Select a location to put the inserted information.
C: To insert header or footer, you can choose to place
the information at certer of header/footer, left of header/
footer, or right of header/footer.
Insert workbook path and name at a cell
Insert username at center header
Insert current date and time at right footer
|If you are interested in this addi-in, download the 60-days free trial.|
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 6 months agoThanks for an answer to what seems to be an obscure command! This worked wonderfully, however I'd like to run an IF statement that only adds the username if "Yes" is in another cell. Can you help?