To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 months agoIf you mean only count the unique values, this toturial may help you.https://www.extendoffice.com/documents/excel/1422-excel-count-unique.html
How to count and remove duplicates from a list in Excel?
Removing duplicates from a list may be usually used in our Excel work, but in some cases, we need to count the number of duplicates then remove them. Here I will tell you some tricks can satisfy your need.
In Excel, you can use Advanced Filter feature to remove the duplicates then apply a formula to count the number of each value.
1. Select the list and click Data > Advanced, see screenshot:
2. In the Advanced Filter dialog, do as these:
(1) Check Copy to another location option;
(2) Select the List range and Copy range;
(3) Check Unique records only.
3. Click OK. Now only unique data is list.
4. Then in a blank cell next to the unique list, type this formula =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$14,C1), press Enter key, then drag the auto fill handle down until 0 appears. See screenshot:
If you just want to count how many duplicates exist and then remove them, you can use below method.
If you have Kutools for Excel, you can use Select Duplicate & Unique Cells utility to help you count the duplicates then remove duplicates.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:(Free Download Kutools for Excel Now!)
1. Select the data list, and click Kutools > Select > Select Duplicate & Unique Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the popped out dialog, check Duplicates (Except 1st one) or All duplicates (Including 1st one) as you need. See screenshot:
3. Click Ok, a dialog pops out to tell you the number of selected duplicates, and at the meanwhile, the duplicates are selected. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then press Delete key to remove the duplicates. See screenshot:
If you want to remove the duplicate rows, you can click Home > Delete > Delete Sheet Rows. See screenshots:
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agohow to use counta to count text and removing duplicate in the same time