How to replace filtered data without disabling filter in Excel?
Supposing you want to replace some data in a filtered range in Excel, how will you get it done quickly? Normally, you might disable the filter, and then replace the data one by one. Here I will introduce several methods to replace filtered data without disabling filter in Excel easily.
For example you find out some spelling mistakes in the filtered data, and now you want to batch correct these mistakes. In this case, you can replace all filtered data to same value without disabling filter as follows:
1. Select cells you will replace in the filter range, and press Alt + ; keys simultaneously to select only visible cells.
2. Type the value that you will replace with, and press the Ctrl + Enter keys at the same time.
Then you will see all selected cells in filtered range are replaced by the typed values at once.
Sometimes, you may want to replace a range of filtered data with other range. And you can get it done easily with Kutools for Excel’s Swap Ranges utility.
1. Click the Kutools > Range > Swap Ranges.
2. In the opening Swap Ranges dialog box, specify the range of filtered data in the Swap Range 1 box, specify the other range you will replace with in the Swap Range 2 box.
3. Click the Ok button.
Then you will see the range of filtered data and the specified range are exchanged. See screen shot below:
Apart from the Swap Ranges utility, Kutools for Excel’s Paste to Visible Range utility can also help you replace filtered data without disabling filter easily.
1. Select the range that you will replace the filtered data with, and click the Kutools > Range > Paste to Visible Range.
2. In the popping up Paste to Visible Range dialog box, select the range of filtered data you will replace, and click the OK button.
Now you will see the range of filtered data is replaced with selected range at once. See screen shot below:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!