How to replace filtered data without disabling filter in Excel?
Supposing you want to replace some data in a filtered range in Excel, how will you get it done quickly? Normally, you might disable the filter, and then replace the data one by one. Here I will introduce several methods to replace filtered data without disabling filter in Excel easily.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
For example you find out some spelling mistakes in the filtered data, and now you want to batch correct these mistakes. In this case, you can replace all filtered data to same value without disabling filter as follows:
1. Select cells you will replace in the filter range, and press Alt + ; keys simultaneously to select only visible cells.
2. Type the value that you will replace with, and press the Ctrl + Enter keys at the same time.
Then you will see all selected cells in filtered range are replaced by the typed values at once.
Sometimes, you may want to replace a range of filtered data with other range. And you can get it done easily with Kutools for Excel’s Swap Ranges utility.
1. Click the Kutools > Range > Swap Ranges.
2. In the opening Swap Ranges dialog box, specify the range of filtered data in the Swap Range 1 box, specify the other range you will replace with in the Swap Range 2 box.
3. Click the Ok button.
Then you will see the range of filtered data and the specified range are exchanged. See screen shot below:
Apart from the Swap Ranges utility, Kutools for Excel’s Paste to Visible Range utility can also help you replace filtered data without disabling filter easily.
1. Select the range that you will replace the filtered data with, and click the Kutools > Range > Paste to Visible Range.
2. In the popping up Paste to Visible Range dialog box, select the range of filtered data you will replace, and click the OK button.
Now you will see the range of filtered data is replaced with selected range at once. See screen shot below: