How to capitalize all letters in cell or a column in Excel?
For capitalizing all letters you have typed in cells, you may need to retype them manually. That’s time-consuming while working. In this article, we will show you methods of easily capitalize all letters in cell or a column in Excel.
You can use formula to capitalize all letters as follows.
1. Select a blank cell adjacent to the cell you want to capitalize all letters.
2. Type formula =UPPER(A1) into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
3. Drag the Fill Handle down to the range which you need to capitalize all letters.
Now all letters in specified cells are all capitalized.
Easily make entire column capital or lowercase in Excel:
With the help of Kutools for Excel's Change Caes utility, you can quickly change the text strings to upper case, lower case, proper case, sentence case and so on in a colomn as below screenshot shown. Download and try it now! ( 30-day free trail)
Besides the formula method, you can run VBA code to capitalize all letters in a range.
1. Press ALT + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module.
3. Copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Capitalize all letters in a range
Sub ToggleCase() Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type: = 8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = VBA.UCase(Rng.Value) Next End Sub
4. In the popping up dialog box, select the range with letters you want to capitalize, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all letters in selected range are all capitalized immediately.
Here we introduce the Change Case utility of Kutools for Excel, with this utility, you can easily capitalize all letters in selected range or whole column in Excel.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Select the range or entire column you want to capitalize all letters, and click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Case dialog box, select the UPPER CASE option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all letters in selected range or entire column are capitalized at once.