How to capitalize all letters in cell or a column in Excel?
For capitalizing all letters you have typed in cells, you may need to retype them manually. That’s time-consuming while working. In this article, we will show you methods of easily capitalize all letters in cell or a column in Excel.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use formula to capitalize all letters as follows.
1. Select a blank cell adjacent to the cell you want to capitalize all letters.
2. Type formula =UPPER(A1) into the Formula Bar, then press the Enter key.
3. Drag the Fill Handle down to the range which you need to capitalize all letters.
Now all letters in specified cells are all capitalized.
Besides the formula method, you can run VBA code to capitalize all letters in a range.
1. Press ALT + F11 keys simultaneously to open the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window.
2. In the Microsoft Visual Basic Application window, click Insert > Module.
3. Copy and paste below VBA code into the Module window.
VBA code: Capitalize all letters in a range
Sub ToggleCase() Dim Rng As Range Dim WorkRng As Range On Error Resume Next xTitleId = "KutoolsforExcel" Set WorkRng = Application.Selection Set WorkRng = Application.InputBox("Range", xTitleId, WorkRng.Address, Type: = 8) For Each Rng In WorkRng Rng.Value = VBA.UCase(Rng.Value) Next End Sub
4. In the popping up dialog box, select the range with letters you want to capitalize, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then all letters in selected range are all capitalized immediately.
Here we introduce the Change Case utility of Kutools for Excel, with this utility, you can easily capitalize all letters in selected range or whole column in Excel.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Select the range or entire column you want to capitalize all letters, and click Kutools > Text > Change Case. See screenshot:
2. In the Change Case dialog box, select the UPPER CASE option, and then click the OK button. See screenshot:
Now all letters in selected range or entire column are capitalized at once.