How to quickly find and replace in multiple opened Excel files?
In Excel, you can use the Find and Replace feature to find and replace a word across multiple sheets or the whole workbook, but if you want to find and replace a word in multiple opened workbooks, the built-in feature of Excel cannot help you. Here I introduce a handy Excel add-in tool – Kutools for you to quickly solve it.
AutoText (save charts, formulas, pictures as auto text, then you can insert them in anysheet when you need.)
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
If you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can use the Navigation pane to quickly find and replace a word in multiple opened workbooks.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 120 handy Excel functions, enhance your working efficiency and save your working time.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
1. Open the workbooks you want to find and replace a certain word in at once time.
2. Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the Navigation pane, then click Find and Replace button to go to Find and Replace section. See screenshot:
3. Under Replace tab, type the finding text and replacing text into Find what textbox and Replace with textboxes. See screenshot:
4. Then go to select All workbooks from the Within drop down list, and check if all workbooks and sheets are checked under Workbooks list. See screenshot:
Tip: If you can’t find out the Within drop down list and Workbooks list, please click the enpand button to expand the advanced Find and Replace options. See below screenshot:
5. Click Replace All. Then the texts in all opened workbooks are replaced.
Note: In default, the shortcuts for enabling the Kutools' Find and Replace dialog is Win + W, but if you are familiar with the shortcut Ctrl + F, you can go to setting to check Pressing Ctrl + F to apply Find and Replace of Kutools option , and then when you press Ctrl + F, this Find and Replace dialog pops out.
With Kutools for Excel’s Navigation pane, you can toggle between two worksheets, list all sheets, columns and names, add the pictures or formulas you usually use into the favorites and so on. For more details about Navigation pane, please click here.