How to search value in all open Excel workbooks?
While using Microsoft Excel, you can easily search value or text in active sheet or current workbook with the Find function. But if searching value or text in all open workbooks, how can you do? In this article, we will show you methods of searching value or text in current workbook, and all open workbooks.
Recommended Excel Productivity Tools
You can search value or text in current workbook with the Find function in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Click Find & Select > Find to open the Find and Replace dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: You can also press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, type the text you want to search in the Find what box under Find tab, click the Options button to expand the dialog box, and select Workbook in the Within drop-down list, and then click the Find All button. See screenshot:
3. Then all search results in current workbook are listed in the below box of dialog box.
Note: For searching value or text in all open workbook, you need to repeat the above steps in each workbook one by one.
After installing Kutools for Excel , you can easily search value or text in all open workbooks at the same time. Please do as follows.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
1. Click Kutools > Navigation to enable the navigation pane, and then click the Find and Replace button . See screenshot:
2. In the Find and Replace section, you need to:
A: Stay in the Find tab;
B: Type the value or text you need to search in the Find what box;
C: Select All workbooks in the Within drop-down list, then you can see all open workbooks are selected in the Workbooks list;
D: Click the Find All button to start the searching. Then you can see all searching results among all open workbooks are listed in the below box immediately. See screenshot:
1. For case-sensitive searching, please check the Match Case box.
2. For match entire cell searching, please check the Match entire Cell box.
3. Click the search result in the result box will shift to the corresponding cell immediately.
4. Click the button will clear all searching results in the result box.