How to search value in all open Excel workbooks?
While using Microsoft Excel, you can easily search value or text in active sheet or current workbook with the Find function. But if searching value or text in all open workbooks, how can you do? In this article, we will show you methods of searching value or text in current workbook, and all open workbooks.
You can search value or text in current workbook with the Find function in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. Click Find & Select > Find to open the Find and Replace dialog box. See screenshot:
Note: You can also press the Ctrl + F keys simultaneously to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
2. In the Find and Replace dialog box, type the text you want to search in the Find what box under Find tab, click the Options button to expand the dialog box, and select Workbook in the Within drop-down list, and then click the Find All button. See screenshot:
3. Then all search results in current workbook are listed in the below box of dialog box.
Note: For searching value or text in all open workbook, you need to repeat the above steps in each workbook one by one.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. Click Kutools > Find > Find & Replace in Multiple Workbooks.
2. In the Find and Replace pane, you need to:
A: Stay in the Find tab;
B: Type the value or text you need to search in the Find what box;
C: Select All workbooks in the Within drop-down list, then you can see all open workbooks are selected in the Workbooks list;
D: Click the Find All button to start the searching. Then you can see all searching results among all open workbooks are listed in the below box immediately. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!