How to select non-blank cells in a range in Excel?
Let’s say there are many nonadjacent blank cells existing in a range, and now you need to select all cells with content at present. How to easily select all non-blank cells in Excel easily? There are several tricks to solve it.
- Select non-blank cells in a range with Go To Special feature
- Select non-blank cells in a range with VBA
- Select non-blank cells in a range with Kutools for Excel (only one step)
The Go To Special feature can help us to select non-blank cells in a selected range with following steps.
1. Select the range you will select all non-blank cells from, and press F5 Key to open the Go To dialog box. Then click the Special button to open the Go To Special dialog box.
Note: You can also open the Go To Special dialog box directly with clicking the Home > Find & Select > Go To Special.
2. In the Go To Special dialog box, check the Constants option, Numbers option, Text option, Logicals option, and Errors option, and click the OK button.
Now you will see only non-blank cells with content are selected in the specified range. See below screenshots:
Here we provide a VBA macro for selecting all non-blank cells from a specified range. Please do as follows:
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click the Insert > Module, and then paste following VBA code into the opening module window.
VBA: Select non-blank cells from a range
Sub SelectNonBlankCells() Dim Rng As Range Dim OutRng As Range Dim InputRng As Range Dim xTitle As String On Error Resume Next xTitle = Application.ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Range :", "KutoolsforExcel", xTitle, Type:=8) Set InputRng = Application.Intersect(InputRng, Application.ActiveSheet.UsedRange) For Each Rng In InputRng If Not Rng.Value = "" Then If OutRng Is Nothing Then Set OutRng = Rng Else Set OutRng = Application.Union(OutRng, Rng) End If End If Next If Not (OutRng Is Nothing) Then OutRng.Select End If End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run this VBA.
4. In the opening dialog box, please specify the range that you will select non-blank cells only, and click the OK button.
Now all non-blank cells are selected in the specified range immediately.
Kutools for Excel’s Select Nonblank Cells utility enables you to select all non-blank cells from a certain range with just one click.
Now all non-blank cells in the specified range are selected at once.