Would you please show how this code can be modified so the range would be part of the code and wont need user input? like column B:B of a sheet named "List"?
How to select non-blank cells in a range in Excel?
Let’s say there are many nonadjacent blank cells existing in a range, and now you need to select all cells with content at present. How to easily select all non-blank cells in Excel easily? There are several tricks to solve it.
Select non-blank cells in a range with Kutools for Excel (only one step)
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
The Go To Special feature can help us to select non-blank cells in a selected range with following steps.
1. Select the range you will select all non-blank cells from, and press F5 Key to open the Go To dialog box. Then click the Special button to open the Go To Special dialog box.
Note: You can also open the Go To Special dialog box directly with clicking the Home > Find & Select > Go To Special.
2. In the Go To Special dialog box, check the Constants option, Numbers option, Text option, Logicals option, and Errors option, and click the OK button.
Now you will see only non-blank cells with content are selected in the specified range. See below screenshots:
Here we provide a VBA macro for selecting all non-blank cells from a specified range. Please do as follows:
1. Press the Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click the Insert > Module, and then paste following VBA code into the opening module window.
VBA: Select non-blank cells from a range
Sub SelectNonBlankCells() Dim Rng As Range Dim OutRng As Range Dim InputRng As Range Dim xTitle As String On Error Resume Next xTitle = Application.ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Address Set InputRng = Application.InputBox("Range :", "KutoolsforExcel", xTitle, Type:=8) Set InputRng = Application.Intersect(InputRng, Application.ActiveSheet.UsedRange) For Each Rng In InputRng If Not Rng.Value = "" Then If OutRng Is Nothing Then Set OutRng = Rng Else Set OutRng = Application.Union(OutRng, Rng) End If End If Next If Not (OutRng Is Nothing) Then OutRng.Select End If End Sub
3. Press the F5 key or click the Run button to run this VBA.
4. In the opening dialog box, please specify the range that you will select non-blank cells only, and click the OK button.
Now all non-blank cells are selected in the specified range immediately.
Kutools for Excel’s Select Nonblank Cells utility enables you to select all non-blank cells from a certain range with just one click.
Kutools for Excel - Combines more than 300 Advanced Functions and Tools for Microsoft Excel
Select the range you will select non-blank cells only, and click the Kutools > Select > Select Nonblank Cells.
Now all non-blank cells in the specified range are selected at once.