How to insert current date and time in Excel cell/header/footer?
In some cases, you may want to insert current date and time into your active worksheet cell, header or footer. You can choose to type it manually, but Are there any tricks to handle with this task beside manual method in Excel?
You can use formula to insert current date and time into a cell.
1. Type this formula =NOW() into it a cell, and press Enter, and the current data and time are inserted in the cell.
If you want to insert current date and time into worksheet’s header or footer, you can go to Page Setup dialog.
1. Click Page Layout tab, and click the Anchor at the bottom-right corner of Page Setup group. See screenshot:
2. In the Page Setup dialog, click Header/Footer tab, then select Custom Header or Custom Footer as you need. See screenshot:
3. Then place the cursor at Left sections or Center sections or Right sections as you need, and click Insert Date button to insert date first, then type a space and click Insert Time buttons to add current time. see screenshot:
4. Click OK > OK. Then the current date and time are inserted in header/footer.
Tip: Shift the Excel view with clicking the View > Page Layout (or clicking Page Layout view icon on the Status bar), you will see the current date and time in the header/footer.
Is there any quick way to insert current date and time or other workbook’s information in cell, header, or footer? If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Insert Workbook Information utility to insert current date and time or other information into cell, footer or header.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
After free installing Kutools for Excel, please do as below:
Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information. See screenshot:
In the Insert Workbook Information dialog, do as below:
B: Select the location you want to place the inserted information.
C: If check Header or Footer option, you can choose the specific location, such as left header, center header or right header.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!