How to insert current date and time in Excel cell/header/footer?
In some cases, you may want to insert current date and time into your active worksheet cell, header or footer. You can choose to type it manually, but Are there any tricks to handle with this task beside manual method in Excel?
You can use formula to insert current date and time into a cell.
1. Type this formula =NOW() into it a cell, and press Enter, and the current data and time are inserted in the cell.
Insert current date and time in header/footer by Page Setup function
If you want to insert current date and time into worksheet’s header or footer, you can go to Page Setup dialog.
1. Click Page Layout tab, and click the Anchor at the bottom-right corner of Page Setup group. See screenshot:
2. In the Page Setup dialog, click Header/Footer tab, then select Custom Header or Custom Footer as you need. See screenshot:
3. Then place the cursor at Left sections or Center sections or Right sections as you need, and click Insert Date button to insert date first, then type a space and click Insert Time buttons to add current time. see screenshot:
4. Click OK > OK. Then the current date and time are inserted in header/footer.
Tip: Shift the Excel view with clicking the View > Page Layout (or clicking Page Layout view icon on the Status bar), you will see the current date and time in the header/footer.
Insert current date and time in cell/header/footer by Kutools for Excel
Is there any quick way to insert current date and time or other workbook’s information in cell, header, or footer? If you have Kutools for Excel installed, you can apply its Insert Workbook Information utility to insert current date and time or other information into cell, footer or header.
Click Kutools Plus > Workbook > Insert Workbook Information. See screenshot:
In the Insert Workbook Information dialog, do as below:
A: Select the information you want to insert. B: Select the location you want to place the inserted information. C: If check Header or Footer option, you can choose the specific location, such as left header, center header or right header.
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.