How to copy and paste row height only in Excel?
In Excel, we usually copy a range to another location, but in some special cases, we may want to copy and paste the row height of a range only, how can we solve it quickly in Excel?
In Excel, there is not a direct way to copy the row height only, but you can copy the row height from Row Height dialog, and then apply the row height to other ranges.
1. Select the cell you want to copy its row height, and then click Home > Format > Row Height. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Row Height dialog, select the number in the textbox, and press Ctrl + C to copy this number. See screenshot:
3. Then Click OK. And go to select a cell or a range that you want to apply the copied row height, and click Home > Format > Row Height to open Row Height dialog again, and press Ctrl + V to paste the copied row height into the textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then you can see the selected cells are pasted the same row height only as you want.
Tip: This method only can copy one cell’s row height at once time, if you want to copy multiple different row heights in a range to another range, you can use a handy tool – Kutools for Excel.
With Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges utility, you can quickly only copy and paste multiple different row heights at once.
|Kutools for Excel, with more than 300 handy functions, makes your jobs more easier.|
1. Select the range you want to copy its row height, and then click Kutools > Copy Ranges. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Copy Ranges dialog, check Comments and Including row height options. See screenshot:
Tip: If your cells have comments, the comments will be also copied and pasted in another location.
3. Then click Ok, and to select a single cell where you want to paste the row height only. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now all the row heights are pasted to the selection.
Quickly Count/Sum cells by background or format color in Excel
|In some cases, you may have a range of cells with multiple colors, and what you want is to count/sum values based on same color, how can you quickly calculate?
With Kutools for Excel's Count by Color, you can quickly do many calculations by color, and also can generate a report of the calculated result. Click for free full featured trial in 30 days!
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 30 days.|
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!