How to copy and paste row height only in Excel?
In Excel, we usually copy a range to another location, but in some special cases, we may want to copy and paste the row height of a range only, how can we solve it quickly in Excel?
Quickly Count/Sum cells by background or fomt color in Excel
|In some cases, you may have a range of cells with multiple colors, and what you want is to count/sum values based on same color, how can you quickly calculate?
With Kutools for Excel's Count by Color, you can quickly do many calculations by color, and also can generate a report of the calculated result. Click for free full featured trial in 60 days!
|Kutools for Excel: with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
Excel Productivity Tools
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 70% of your time and solve 80% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced features designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately. 60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, there is not a direct way to copy the row height only, but you can copy the row height from Row Height dialog, and then apply the row height to other ranges.
1. Select the cell you want to copy its row height, and then click Home > Format > Row Height. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Row Height dialog, select the number in the textbox, and press Ctrl + C to copy this number. See screenshot:
3. Then Click OK. And go to select a cell or a range that you want to apply the copied row height, and click Home > Format > Row Height to open Row Height dialog again, and press Ctrl + V to paste the copied row height into the textbox. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Then you can see the selected cells are pasted the same row height only as you want.
Tip: This method only can copy one cell’s row height at once time, if you want to copy multiple different row heights in a range to another range, you can use a handy tool – Kutools for Excel.
With Kutools for Excel’s Copy Ranges utility, you can quickly only copy and paste multiple different row heights at once.
1. Select the range you want to copy its row height, and then click Kutools > Copy Ranges. See screenshot:
2. Then in the Copy Ranges dialog, check Comments and Including row height options. See screenshot:
Tip: If your cells have comments, the comments will be also copied and pasted in another location.
3. Then click Ok, and to select a single cell where you want to paste the row height only. See screenshot:
4. Click OK. Now all the row heights are pasted to the selection.
|If you are interested in this addi-in, click here to download the 60-days free trial.|
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Excel workbooks/Word documents as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Excel workbooks or Word documents in one Excel window or Word window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs. Click for free 45-day trial of Office Tab!