How to append or adding text from one cell to another cell in Excel?
Supposing you have a worksheet with texts in several cells, and you want to append these cell values together into one cell in Excel as below screenshot shown.
How to achieve it? In this article, we will show you methods of appending text from one cell to another in details.
You can use formula to append text from one cell to another as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the appended result, enter formula =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
2. Then select cell D1, and drag Fill Handle to the range you want to cover with this formula. Then you can see all texts are appended into one cell. See screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, you can change the reference cells as you need.
With the Combine utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily append or add text from one cell to another in Excel. Please do as follows.
Before applying Kutools for Excel, please download and install it firstly.
1. If the cells you want to append are continuous, please select the range and then click Kutools > Merge & Split > Combine Rows, Columns or Cells without Losing Data. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, you need to:
- A. Select Combine columns option if the cells you want to append locate in different columns.
- B. Specify a separator to separate the appending texts in the Specify a separator section. Here we select Space.
- C. Select a place for locating the appending texts in the Place the results to drop-down list.
- D. Select Delete contents of combined cells if you don’t want to keep the original data.
- E. Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see texts in different column cells are appended into corresponding cells as below screenshot shown.
Select the Combine rows option, you will get result as below screenshot shown.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Supercharge Your Excel Skills with Kutools for Excel, and Experience Efficiency Like Never Before. Kutools for Excel Offers Over 300 Advanced Features to Boost Productivity and Save Time. Click Here to Get The Feature You Need The Most...
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!