How to append or adding text from one cell to another cell in Excel?
Supposing you have a worksheet with texts in several cells, and you want to append these cell values together into one cell in Excel as below screenshot shown.
How to achieve it? In this article, we will show you methods of appending text from one cell to another in details.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
You can use formula to append text from one cell to another as follows.
1. Select a blank cell for locating the appended result, enter formula =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1," ",C1) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
2. Then select cell D1, and drag Fill Handle to the range you want to cover with this formula. Then you can see all texts are appended into one cell. See screenshot:
Note: In the above formula, you can change the reference cells as you need.
With the Combine utility of Kutools for Excel, you can easily append or add text from one cell to another in Excel. Please do as follows.
1. If the cells you want to append are continuous, please select the range and then click Kutools > Combine. See screenshot:
2. In the Combine Columns or Rows dialog box, you need to:
A. Select Combine columns option if the cells you want to append locate in different columns.
B. Specify a separator to separate the appending texts in the Specify a separator section. Here we select Space.
C. Select a place for locating the appending texts in the Place the results to drop-down list.
D. Select Delete contents of combined cells if you don’t want to keep the original data.
E. Click the OK button. See screenshot:
Then you can see texts in different column cells are appended into corresponding cells as below screenshot shown.
Select the Combine rows option, you will get result as below screenshot shown.