How to copy multiple sheets from other workbooks to a new workbook?
If you have several workbooks which contain multiple worksheets, now, you want to copy some worksheets from each of these workbooks and paste into a new workbook. Are there any good methods for us to solve this task quickly and easily in Excel?
Combine /Copy multiple worksheets from other workbooks into a new workbook:
In your daily work, to combine multiple worksheets, workbooks and csv files into one single worksheet or workbook may be a huge and headachy work. But, if you have Kutools for Excel, with its powerful utility – Combine, you can quickly combine multiple worksheets, workbooks or csv files into one worksheet or workbook.
Kutools for Excel: with more than 200 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days. Download and free trial Now!
Recommended Productivity Tools for Excel
Office Tab: Bring powerful tabs to Office (include Excel), just like Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Save you half the time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you. 30-day Unlimited Free Trial
Kutools for Excel: Save 71% of your time and solve 82% Excel problems for you. 300+ advanced tools designed for 1500+ work scenario, make Excel much easy and increase productivity immediately.60-day Unlimited Free Trial
In Excel, you can apply the Move or Copy function to copy the worksheets to the new workbook one by one.
1. Open one of your workbook that you want to copy worksheets from it.
2. Then hold the Ctrl key to select the tabs that you want to copy, and then place cursor on one of the tab and right click to choose Move or Copy from the context menu, see screenshot:
3. In the Move or Copy dialog box, select new book from the To book drop down list, and check Create a copy option, see screenshot:
4. Then click OK button, the selected worksheets have been copied to a new workbook, then click File > Save As to save the new workbook and give it a name “New combined” as you need.
5. Open the next workbook and right click on the selected sheet tabs, choose Move or Copy from the context menu, in the Move or Copy dialog box, select New combined which you have named for the new workbook in above step under the To book section, then click move to end from the Before sheet list box, finally, check Create a copy option, see screenshot:
6. Then click OK button, the specified worksheets have been copied to the new workbook as well, you can repeat the step 5 to copy other worksheets to the new workbook you have created as your require.
To copy the worksheets from workbooks one by one will spend much time, here, I can recommend a useful tool- Kutools for Excel, with its Combine function, you can quickly combine multiples sheets from multiple workbooks into one workbook or one worksheet.
|Kutools for Excel : with more than 300 handy Excel add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
After installing Kutools for Excel, please do as follows:
1. Open the workbooks that you want to copy the specified worksheets from.
2. Then click Enterprise > Combine, see screenshot:
3. In the step1 of Combine Worksheets wizard, select Combine multiple worksheets from workbooks into one workbook under the Combine Operations, see screenshot:
4. Then click Next>> button, in the step2, all of your opened workbooks have been listed into the box, you can also click Add or Remove button to insert other workbooks or remove the ones you needn’t, after inserting the workbooks that you want, then you can specify the worksheets that you want to combine from the Worksheet list box of each workbook, see screenshot:
5. And then go on clicking Next >> button, in the step3, then you can do the following operations for the combined sheets:
(1.) Checking the First row of each worksheet (comments) will insert the workbook information into each combined sheets as comment;
(2.) You can rename your combined worksheets by inserting their workbook name before or after the sheet name. You can also keep the original worksheet names as you need.
(3.) You can choose skipping or keeping the blank worksheet when encountering a blank worksheet you need.
6. After finishing the settings, click Finish button, after combining worksheets, it will remind you if you want to save this scenario, so that you can apply this scenario next time, click Yes to save and click No to cancel. If you click Yes, another dialog box will pop out to make you type the scenario name. See screenshots:
7. Click OK button, and all the specific worksheets from multiple workbooks have been combined into one new workbook, and a named Kutools for Excel worksheet is in front of all worksheets, it lists the new combined and original worksheet names and the original workbook names. See screenshot: