How to split one single row to multiple rows in Excel?
For example a row is too long to display completely in the Excel window, and you have to move the horizontal scrollbar to view behind cells. For easily viewing all values in this row, you may want to split this long row to multiple rows, but how? Here are several solutions for you.
1. Select the single row and click Kutools > Range > Transform Range. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Transform Range dialog box, in the Transform type section check the Single row to range option, in the Columns per record section check Fixed value option and type a number into right box, and click the Ok button. See screenshot:
3. In the second Transform Range dialog box, specify the first cell of destination range and click the OK button.
Now you will see the single row has been split into multiple rows with multiple columns as below screenshot shown:
1. Select the one single cell row, and click Kutools > Text > Split Cells. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Split Cells dialog box, please check the Split to Rows option in the Type section, specify a separator based on your needs in the Specify a separator section, and click the Ok button. See screenshot above:
3. In the second Split Cells dialog box, specify the first cell of destination range, and click the OK button.
And now you will see the one single cell row has been split to multiple rows. See screenshot:
Demo: split one single row to multiple rows in Excel
Kutools for Excel includes more than 300 handy tools for Excel, free to try without limitation in 30 days. Download and Free Trial Now!
Reverse splitting and combine multiple rows/columns into to one cell in Excel
Kutools for Excel’s Combine Columns or Rows utility can help Excel users easily combine multiple columns or rows into one columns/row without losing data. In addition, Excel users can wrap these combined text strings with carriage or hard return. Full Feature Free Trial 30-day!
Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select...
Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more...
Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments...
Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic...
Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF...
More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel
2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features
30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.